Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I do this: Amplitube->DMIMixer->Audio Out

I can't seem to find a way to create this chain: Amplitube->DMIMixer->Audio Out
...because Audiobus will only let me put DMIMixer at the beginning of the chain. I just want to be able to pan the output of Amplitube. And it doesn't have to be amplitube; it can be any guitar effects app. There's got to be a way to do this right?

If I can figure out how to create the above chain, then I can add a second chain thusly:
Amplitube->Loopy->Audio Out

... and then I'll have a workaround for the fact that Loopy doesn't have the option to pan the monitored signal.

I'm using an iPhone 5c. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• It looks as if DMImixer only supports being used as an Audiobus input (it says so in the app description) so I don't think you can do it that way. You could email the developer and ask if the app can be updated to allow use in other Audiobus slots e.g. Effects. If you're willing to spend some money, AUM from Kymatica will do what you want (and 999 other things besides) - it is very highly regarded on this board and I think still on a 25% off deal but I don't know for how much longer.

• Thanks for your reply. I would definitely be happy to pay $15 if it will do what I want it to do. It's just that in my quest to make this work, I've already purchased so many apps based on assurances from people on forums, and so far none of them have worked out, so I'm a little gun shy now. And there doesn't seem to be a trial version. So if anyone can verify that AUM definitely does what I'm trying to do, I'd really appreciate it.

To sum up: I want to be able to send Amplitube's output through an app that will let me pan it, and then to my iPhone's output. And at the same time, I also want to send Amplitube's output to Loopy's input. The point of all this is so that I can pan the monitored signal hard right, and pan all the looped audio hard left. That way I can keep the two signals separate. And the reason I can't just split the signal with 'Y' cable splitters is because then I wouldn't get amplitube's amp modeling on both channels. And that means I'd have to use external guitar effects hardware, which is a pain to lug to various venues, and it makes the setup more complicated.

P.S. Is $15 the discount price, or the full retail price?

• edited March 2016

AUM will do it. I don't have Amplitude, but Jam Up Pro is equivalent.

• @dwarman - I don't have Loopy, just wondering where would it go in that setup? As an insert/effect?

• I think you could do it with MiMix. Here the video where explains how to do it.

• edited March 2016

Sorry, forgot the Loopy part. This needs Audiobus as well. Load Audiobus and AUM separately. In Audiobus, select AUM Port 1 as input and Loopy as Output. Then oopy becomes an input option in IAA sources.

• Awesome, thank you so much for your help! I'm convinced -- I will download AUM. By the way, I was planning to just pan Loopy's output inside of Loopy. It does let you pan the loops, just not the monitored signal. Would that simplify things, or would I still need to use AUM and Audiobus together?

Oh and P.S., if anyone is curious about the purpose of all this -- it's this:
    https://youtu.be/Wo7ZkRjXM3k
    What I'm doing here is explained about one minute into the video. I'm planning on doing this in a live setting, so the setup needs to be as simplified as possible.

• The main constraint is that Loopy can only accept input from Audiobus. So the simplest setup would be the Audiobus + MiMix solution offered earlier. With my solution getting Audiobus and AUM working together, especally setting it up each time, is a bit fraught.

• Nice effect and sound @Explodey .

• Very cool idea and playing; I love the fresh innovation of what you are doing.

What are you using to get your signal in? With many interfaces you can split the signal in the input of audiobus.

• Thanks everyone! @lukesleepwalker , I'm using a Line6 Sonic Port.

• Well I'll be damned! It works perfectly! Thank you @dwarman and @Durwin99 !! I'm so happy I can finally do this all inside my phone!

• One more question -- Is there any way to use ToneStack Go instead of amplitube? It doesn't show up in the list of apps in AUM.

• I have both Tonestack & Tonestack Go and although they don't show up in the Input slot of AUM, they both appear under the Effects list - you have to scroll down to find them, they are listed under their own section "Yonac". I don't have an audio interface near me right now, but I presume you can set the AUM input to your hardware interface and put TS in the Effects to achieve what you need?