Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creating a cross-over in AUM?

Been futzing with it for a bit but I can't figure out how to create a cross-over in AUM. Have a track with two pre-fader sends to two mix busses. On Bus A I have an LPF and on Bus B I have a HPF. Sends and busses are the same level (100% and unity, respectively); no resonance on either filter.

Tried setting them to the same frequency hoping the slopes would cross fade each other at equal power but that's not doing it. Experimented with differing amounts of cross over (setting, say, the LPF cut off to higher than the HPF's) but no matter what I do, the sound of those two busses together is always considerably different (and weaker) than the original signal.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is just time for more math? If the latter, anyone got a formula?

Comments

• Sounds like you have the dry feed up in the mix too. Mute tha main output and ust allow the two filtered feeds.

• Thank you @dwarman. Yeah, had the source out muted when I ran into this. When you do it, does it sound the same? I should probably hook up a scope.

• I haven't tested it myself yet, but it could very well be that those filters are not suitable to make a cross-over (frequency band splitter).

• I didn't notice the effects you complained of. Your description sounded like phase cancellation, don't get it here.

• edited March 2016

Thanks ya'll. I wound up setting the HPF a little lower than the LPF and adding a single EQ to the HPF channel that boosted the cross over frequency gently with a wide Q. Works fine. Don't think AUM needs to be that surgical.

The why... I created a loop in Sector and I wanted to apply a compressor and Crystalline to the >1.5k portion only.