Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tested: Apple Lightning to USB 3 camera adapter charges ipad!!

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2016

@Peanutcram said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Peanutcram said:
    I got mine today. It works as expected on iPhone 6+/ latest iOS but not on Air/iOS8. It says no support for this accessory. Apple support couldn't help. Anyone in here?

On the phone it's great: iTrack Solo, hub, XKeys, Beatstep, guitar, mic - no humming... CHARGING! :)

Seems pretty clear cut here. I believe that iOS9+ is a requirement for this accessory.

Apple support could not confirm that. I hesitate going on iOS 9. The running system etc
    The new GarageBand and the hope for entering chargeland might be worth to try out now...

If it's of any reassurance, iOS 9.2.1 was atrocious but I've had no problems at all with 9.3 and upwards. I also actually feel that in terms of general usability/concept that iOS9 was a big leap from 8 (cut/copy/paste keys!! YES!! Two finger trackpad control!!).

O

• Update fixed it. The clagnut now works on Air/lates iOS. Cheers

• They have no idea at Apple support. They told me it doesn't work on iPhone and recommended me to get an apogee duet instead.

• @Peanutcram said:
    I got mine today. It works as expected on iPhone 6+/ latest iOS but not on Air/iOS8. It says no support for this accessory. Apple support couldn't help. Anyone in here?

On the phone it's great: iTrack Solo, hub, XKeys, Beatstep, guitar, mic - no humming... CHARGING! :)

try with a restart before using. I have to do that from time to time (Air/Air2, both on ios 9).
    good luck

• iOS 8 is not supported by the adapter.

• @Munibeast said:
    iOS 8 is not supported by the adapter.

Yep, only 9.2 & above , I just found out the hard way ,wish I'd read this thread before ordering.
    I've requested to Apple tech support (UK) they include this info in the "compatability' section on the shop product page .

• ..> @Wally said:

@Munibeast said:

Yep, only 9.2 & above , I just found out the hard way ,wish I'd read this thread before ordering.
    I've requested to Apple tech support (UK) they include this info in the "compatability' section on the shop product page .

There is no "hard way" . If there was no description or information about iOS specific compatibility version ,you can request refund from the seller.

• edited April 2016

@Korakios said:
    ..> @Wally said:

@Munibeast said:

There is no "hard way" . If there was no description or information about iOS specific compatibility version ,you can request refund from the seller.

@Korakios sorry for my choice of words , I'm not overly angry .I'm aware of possible refund, but I will keep it as I am planning to update to 9.x soon ( when final audio issues resolved I hope) , just thought I'd repeat the warning here , & do hope Apple add to store info .

• i made a few tests as well now:

iphone 5s with ios 9.3: works+charging (tested with nanokey 2).

Air 2 with ios 9.3:
    In tablet mode the Roland Duo capture EX still needs a power adapter or batteries (as someone else pointed out).In Desktop Mode the Duo receives power (the LED is on) but the ipad says"not supported"a quick view into the manual revealed:you need to install a driver when plugin it into a computer so i assume it's not class compliant in desktop mode.A bit of a bummer for an almost perfect little interface but it's not apples fault here.

Using an unpowered HUB with Spark LE controller and Audio Interface: it worked but the Controller needs connected first,then the interface (although the interface has it's own power).

The ipad was charging in all cases.

• edited April 2016

Apogee just released a Mac-only version of the One. I'm curious if it works with iOS via the new adapter and plays nice with the iOS Maestro app. The Mac-only version $100 cheaper.

• Sorry for digging up this old thread, but Christmas beckons and I'm hoping someone can test this setup or similar.
    iPad Air 1 & Roland Duo-Capture EX with standard iPad charger.
    Enough power to keep iPad charging with demanding apps (Moog Model 15, etc)?
    Any noise issues with power plugged in?
    cheers.

• hello

anyone know a cheap alternative of the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter please ?

i mean something like a hub with i can charge the ipad air while using some usb ports

thank

• @sonosaurus said:

@wellingtonCres said:
    does this mean we can now use the wide range of class compliant audio interfaces?

I don't have any bus-powered USB audio interfaces (all of mine need AC power) to really give it a workout but it does power an Akai MPK49 keyboard when using an iPad power adaptor as the power source on both on iPhone 6s and an iPad mini2. This was well above the limits with the old CCK without power. I would expect this definitely eliminates the need for a powered hub if you only want to attach one thing at a time. And of course you can now charge the device at the same time in either case.

@Ringleader, my connections seem secure, sounds like you got a lemon :(

@sonosaurus said:

@wellingtonCres said:
    does this mean we can now use the wide range of class compliant audio interfaces?

I don't have any bus-powered USB audio interfaces (all of mine need AC power) to really give it a workout but it does power an Akai MPK49 keyboard when using an iPad power adaptor as the power source on both on iPhone 6s and an iPad mini2. This was well above the limits with the old CCK without power. I would expect this definitely eliminates the need for a powered hub if you only want to attach one thing at a time. And of course you can now charge the device at the same time in either case.

• @sonosaurus said:

@wellingtonCres said:

hello, will the akai mini mpk mk2 work without a powered hub?

• @om07 said:

@sonosaurus said:

@wellingtonCres said:

hello, will the akai mini mpk mk2 work without a powered hub?

It does already work without power and the older cck if you place a simple unpowered USB hub between the cck and keyboard.

• @iamspoon said:
    Sorry for digging up this old thread, but Christmas beckons and I'm hoping someone can test this setup or similar.
    iPad Air 1 & Roland Duo-Capture EX with standard iPad charger.
    Enough power to keep iPad charging with demanding apps (Moog Model 15, etc)?
    Any noise issues with power plugged in?
    cheers.

Did you end up getting the Roland? I have one but it seems you still need batteries or a 9V plugpack- it won't power off the USB3 CCK because of how it's designed.

• @thatsRayor Yep got a CCK3 to go with my Duo-Capture EX.

Running Roland from 9v Plug and CCK from iPad charger. No ground noise.
    Horrible ground noise when trying to power CCK from computer via charging cable though.

Upcoming new Roland interface looks promising, but 500ma power requirements means I doubt it can be powered from USB3 CCK.

https://www.roland.com/us/products/rubix22/

• edited February 2017

@iamspoon said:
    @thatsRayor Yep got a CCK3 to go with my Duo-Capture EX.

Horrible ground noise when trying to power CCK from computer via charging cable though.

Upcoming new Roland interface looks promising, but 500ma power requirements means I doubt it can be powered from USB3 CCK.

The cck3 easily provides 500ma when plugged in. Pretty sure it should work. The novation launchpad pro needs 500 ma minimum and I have powered it and 2 Keith McMillan k-boards from the cck3 powered by a battery bank.no wall adapters used at all.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@iamspoon said:
    @thatsRayor Yep got a CCK3 to go with my Duo-Capture EX.

The cck3 easily provides 500ma when plugged in. Pretty sure it should work. The novation launchpad pro needs 500 ma minimum and I have powered it and 2 Keith McMillan k-boards from the cck3 powered by a battery bank.no wall adapters used at all.

Cool idea, using a battery bank!! :smiley:

• edited May 2017

@Hmtx said:
    ^ None of the USB - iOS adapters have officially been supported for iPhone, but they work anyway. I'm hoping for the same with this one.

really then explain this sir
    https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?fnode=91
    usb 3 tranfer speeds on Pro only

• edited May 2017

@Shazamm said:

@Hmtx said:
    ^ None of the USB - iOS adapters have officially been supported for iPhone, but they work anyway. I'm hoping for the same with this one.

really then explain this sir
    https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?fnode=91
    usb 3 tranfer speeds on Pro only

Sweet! Right you are! It seems they've updated the compatibility list:

Compatibility
    iPhone Models
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5c
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone SE
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6s Plus