Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music App Dev Jam Thu 5p outside Moscone

edited June 2013 in General App Discussion

For folks in San Fran: some of us music app devs will be jamming outside Moscone Center tomorrow at 5 pm, corner of 4th and Minna. @Sonosaurus and I will definitely be there, and we're gathering up more devs as we go. Drop by if you're in the city!

Comments

• Dang...that's cross country for me...you should have told me earlier ;-)

• love it. audio or it didn't happen. :)

• Someone better get video capture of the damn thing!

• So you should have the video posted by 8pm...right?

• New plan: you will each individually record to AudioShare (or whatever) and release the multi-tracks for remixing. Or I will sleep with all of your mothers.

• edited June 2013

Isn't that how George Martin got the White Album made?

• Oh man, The possibilities are gettin crazy!

• Recording all this digitally will be nigh-impossible I'm afraid :) But hopefully we can get good video capture. Assuming there are more than 2-3 people there I'm sure we can take turns playing / recording each other. Just got a 'yes' for Arpeggionome and a hopeful yes-but-may-be-late for Polychord.

BTW I gotta say it's really surreal to meet all these people in person all at the same time!

• Brilliant idea..can't wait for the video..good luck guys.

• Digital recording should not be that difficult, right? Just make sure everyone is running Audiobus and recording to audioshare... Then upload each device's output recording to a Dropbox account where someone can mix and sync to the video

• Careful boi's

You could be starting sumfin here.

Remember what happened in 67...

Enjoy...digital peace an luv man.

• edited June 2013

Sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to hearing/seeing the Jam. :)

Which devs made it to the Audiobus meet up? I recognised some in the few pics that were up. Also thought I saw Chip Boaz in one, but not sure he went to WWDC.

Have fun later. :)

• Look forward to the video if this one, as I can't be there in person as I am on the other side of the world.

• DevJam 2013!

• Hope this does start something - WWDC is a great event to synchronize stuff like this!

The issue with digital recording is that instruments will be coming in and out over time, we don't have a fixed setlist or anything. So sync will be a ton of work. Plus, some of the instruments likely won't even be on the 'bus. We can try a best-effort thing, but I fear it will end up being incomplete. Not to mention, what @Sonosaurus is aiming to do will absolutely require video footage to enjoy... ;)

@SpookyZoo I met a ton of folks at that meetup! Audiobus guys of course, Jesse from Sonosaurus, couple folks from Miselu, developers of Arpeggionome, Polychord, TC-11, iBone, TableTop and even a guy from the GarageBand team. Quite surreal.

• Here's the footage we got, courtesy @Sebastian. This is guitarism, ThumbJam, DrumJam, polychord, Arpeggionome Pro and TC-11 all together

• This was one of the gentler moments... it's possible that someone else got more footage, but I'm afraid we're going to disappoint you folks with our lack of video archival. We were playing for about 1h45m out there!

• Found a more up-tempo one by searching twitter for "music app dev jam" - wish I'd hash-tagged that poster title!

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/ArtSabintsev/view/15467860

• Cool. That one also documents the beginning of Sebastian's new career as roadie! ;)

• Audiobus is basically a roadie app, isn't it? Puts all your gear in place, sets it all up and then gets off the stage to hang out in the background. Long live the roadies!

• Haha. Great analogy! :)

• Seriously though he was so great about helping with the sign falling down - even right in the middle of important conversations, the guy would take a moment to pick up the sign. Muchos gracias @Sebastian - you da man.

• Thanks for sharing - great fun!

• Cool stuff!

• Yes, look like you guys had too much fun.

• Audiobuskers !