Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobu(g)s

edited December 2012 in Support and Feedback

I'm having a few issues, mainly involving sunrizer and audiobus.
1) I'm getting feedback, and distorted audio.
2) it seems to set my bpm to a random number that doesn't coincide with my project, and then doesn't let me adjust it.
3) the volume for sunrizer seems to fluctuate at times, getting louder for no apparent reason.

There's several more, I just can't think of them now.

Comments

• Number 2) seems to be the easiest to figure out: Sunrizer automatically sets its midi clock to all other apps sending it, when they're in the background. To fix that, tap the "Utils" button on the top end of the screen, select "Settings", scroll down, and either disable "Receive MIDI clock" or adjust the sources for it in the "Inputs" section below that.

3) Huh... are you maybe receiving some MIDI input from other apps for that? Maybe that's what's triggering it.

1) Did you change the latency of Sunrizer? If so, DON'T. Leave it at 256 samples.

Finally: Are you using this on a device that's slower than an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S? That could also explain the distortion/bad audio.

• Thanks again for the quick response.
    New question:
    Is there an advantage, or difference in disabling "receive MIDI clock" or adjusting the sources in the inputs section?

Also, what exactly does disabling receiving midi clock do?

• edited December 2012

When I go to the inputs section I only see "session 1" which currently has a check beside it.
    My only option is to uncheck "session 1".

• Midi clock syncs the BPM of the selected patch in Sunrizer to the BPM a beat machine like Funkbox or the BPM of a looper in the background.

This is most important when using arpeggiated patches/presets in Sunrizer, because without MIDI sync, they wouldn't have the same rhythm as the beat or loopy would end in the middle of a pattern.

TL;DR: Without MIDI sync, rhythm is a problem.

• Lol.
    But I can just set my own BPM...

So what does this input session 1 option do?

• Of course you can set your own BPM but with MIDI sync you can set it for all apps connected to that MIDI session, from one app.

• Here's a video explaining the concept: