Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus crash when loading presets (Air 2, iOS 9.3 Akai EIE)

I'm uploading the video as I'm writing. The crash happens with all the presets containing other than stereo in. I've even built a preset from scratch, saved it, turned everything off, rebooted, loaded preset....crash.

Everything works when loading inputs manually, just doesn't correctly recall it from the preset. Does the preset get corrupt?

This wasn't happening pre 9.3

Comments

• Uninstalling AB (backing the presets first) reboot , reinstall?

• @Korakios said:
    Uninstalling AB (backing the presets first) reboot , reinstall?

Tried....crash

• Have you tried disconnecting the EIE? Not sure how that might cause a problem, but it may help to remove it from the equation.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Have you tried disconnecting the EIE? Not sure how that might cause a problem, but it may help to remove it from the equation.

Yes, not crashing when solo.

It only crashes when input 3 and 4 are within the preset.

• @funjunkie27 have you updated? Could you try and see if you can reproduce it?

• Odd....have you tried other EIE input combinations? Sorry to hear it, but if its any consolation, I'm going to hold off on 9.3 until this gets sorted, given I'm using an EIE too :wink:

• No....I was going to wait this out, and the EIE was one of the reasons I was nervous to upgrade.

• It's no biggie for me either way. At the moment I'm only using 2 ins. When I need an extra input I'd just have to add it manually.

• edited March 2016

I have something similar happening. I'm away from iPad now but I think it's the same thing. iOS 9.3. I have a preset that crashes immediately upon load. However I can click on a different preset then click on the problem-preset and it loads fine. The problem preset uses inputs 3 & 4. NI Komplete Audio 6 interface.

• Thanks, @supadom! I'm on it now.

• @supadom said:

Nice background.

• edited March 2016

Okay, got it. It's all my fault - it's not 9.3, it's something I broke in the new version. Will release the fix soon, and get you a version to use/try out in the meantime. Sorry about that!

• @Michael said:
    Okay, got it. It's all my fault - it's not 9.3, it's something I broke in the new version. Will release the fix soon, and get you a version to use/try out in the meantime. Sorry about that!

Haven't seen you for a while thanks for stepping by ;)

• @supadom I'm going to invite you to our Testflight user pool so you can have a look at the beta version that includes the fix. Apple still needs to approve it, which probably will happen some time in the next 24 hours.

• @Sebastian said:
    @supadom I'm going to invite you to our Testflight user pool so you can have a look at the beta version that includes the fix. Apple still needs to approve it, which probably will happen some time in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the offer @Sebastian but I think I'll be alright waiting. I have another air 2 stuck on 8.3 which I use for music so no harm done. Besides, I am a very bad beta tester as I get frustrated when things don't work and have very little time for testing.

Brilliant you've managed to fix it so quickly anyway. Cheers

• @supadom said:

@Michael said:

Hehe, I know! I gone dark lately, working hard on Masterpiece!

• Thanks for the super quick 9.3 fix!
    Can't wait for Loopy Masterpiece @Michael

• Hello, I have the same Problem on my IPad Air. Michael mentioned a fix? When will that be availabe?
    Thanks , Uwe

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:

@Michael said:

Hehe, I know! I gone dark lately, working hard on Masterpiece!

Alone in the dark? Hopefully not. Many of us are waiting patiently for Masterpiece and just hope that you and your's are doing well.

• @Uwe said:
    Hello, I have the same Problem on my IPad Air. Michael mentioned a fix? When will that be availabe?
    Thanks , Uwe

This has been sorted in Audiobus beta to which I've been kindly invited by @Sebastian. No official fix though.

• Thanks for the info!

• @Sebastian said:
    @supadom I'm going to invite you to our Testflight user pool so you can have a look at the beta version that includes the fix. Apple still needs to approve it, which probably will happen some time in the next 24 hours.

Sebastian, do you read this? Can you invite me to the Version that fixed this problem? I just can´t use Audiobus anymore because of the Crashes when I try to recall my Settings.
    Thanks so much, Uwe

• @Sebastian Same problem here. I have an IpadAir 1, running latest ios9.3. Latest audiobus as well. If I recall a preset containing different inputs of my connect audio 4+ it crashes. If I build the setting from scratch it works though. Would be interested in the beta party as well. Thanks. Danke. andre.

• @Sebastian
    same here. air1, ios 9.3.1, latest audiobus, iconnect audio 4+.
    bitte gib mir einen zugang zur beta version. vielen dank.

• Does anyone know about a solution meanwhile?

Thanks, Uwe

• We're going to release a new version very soon with this fix and others. It has already been submitted to Apple.