Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DJDJ App (Developer of SeekBeats, TweakyBeat) Updated W/ AudioShare + Dropbox Import

DJDJ by Rodrigo Yanez:

iTunes Link

YouTube

I saw a few mentions of this today and put it on the mental back shelf until I realized who the developer is: now I'm sitting Straight up and going In.

Comments

• Oh. I missed the dev too. Nice spot!

• Looks like Tweakybeat just got link. Seekbeats hopefully not far behind.

• @syrupcore said:
    Looks like Tweakybeat just got link. Seekbeats hopefully not far behind.

Should be any day now...

• dev@rugoso tweeted about Seekbeats update -
    Also now you can sync the two oscillators within a drum to play the same note, for a fatter unison sound.

• anyone try this app yet? Seems like the looping bits could make it useful beyond DJing. Can you get loops out of it?

• I had a tweet from the developer saying that he's working on Link in DJDJ. That could make it pretty useful, too, I'd say.

• edited March 2016

@syrupcore said:
    anyone try this app yet? Seems like the looping bits could make it useful beyond DJing. Can you get loops out of it?

Exactly my thinking. I'm liking those effects very much. If it syncs I'm all over it

..and quite the opposite question. Can you get loops into it via audio pasteboard?

• I bought elastic over seekbeats and very much regret that. Will have to remedy it at some point.

• @supadom said:

@syrupcore said:
    anyone try this app yet? Seems like the looping bits could make it useful beyond DJing. Can you get loops out of it?

Exactly my thinking. I'm liking those effects very much. If it syncs I'm all over it

..and quite the opposite question. Can you get loops into it via audio pasteboard?

Yeah, the file import is what I want to know, too.

• @Redo1 said:
    I bought elastic over seekbeats and very much regret that. Will have to remedy it at some point.

Though they're both drum synths, they're very different beasts. Elastic does a lot of stuff that's hard or impossible to do in Seekbeats (and vice versa).

• Re: DJDJ: From what I'm seeing here Track Import is strictly via iTunes library. This is bad news for yours truly as I've been avoiding iTunes entirely so far.

Even though V1 has this hitch I'm happy to support Rodrigo at launch and am hoping the next update incorporates Dropbox etc.

• @Proppa said:
    Re: DJDJ: From what I'm seeing here Track Import is strictly via iTunes library. This is bad news for yours truly as I've been avoiding iTunes entirely so far.

That's too bad but it does make sense to start there as a DJing app as that's the most likely location for you song library as a DJ (vs a song maker). Think I'm going to pick it up anyway for the same reasons you said. Great, innovative dev and I don't want him to stop!

• @syrupcore agreed on the concept of "DJ app" and library But: I've been in contact with Rodrigo and he seems open to other import options (I'm certainly not trying to represent or speak for him here but I report Hope from the source).

I was suggesting that DJDJ (and its four decks) has as much track making / jamming potential as it does being a "party dj" type app and that there's a whole bunch of us who favor Audioshare and Dropbox (strongly) over iTunes in general. Fingers crossed here.

• @Proppa said:
    I was suggesting that DJDJ (and its four decks) has as much track making / jamming potential as it does being a "party dj" type app and that there's a whole bunch of us who favor Audioshare and Dropbox (strongly) over iTunes in general. Fingers crossed here.

I think it's a smart move to make a DJ app that is on the opposite end of the party DJ spectrum as it'll be a niche he'll likely own. The fact that he is working on Link support and has already made two other well regarded apps leads me to believe he's on the right track here.

• @proppa totally agree and hopefully he does too. Was only saying that if you need to cut features to finally launch the thing, starting with iTunes import for a DJ app is hard to argue with (even if not my personal preference). Thanks for reaching out to him.

• Final word from today is that Rodrigo is definitely capable of implementing Dropbox and likes the idea but isn't promising anything just yet. Call me optimistic but I've got high hopes here.

• Just left the link to this thread in his promo video comments.

• Update! Midi in added ( Midi learn for external Controller). Great App!

• I'm going to email (developer) Rodrigo another gentle request for Dropbox / AudioShare import capability and if anyone else is inclined to do the same surely it'd make a better case for the cause.

His website is here.

• pretty much only reason i hadn't grabbed this yet was midi wasn't in yet. grabbed now :)

• edited May 2016

absolutely love the app. but is it me or does it have no way to cue tracks using headphones AT ALL D=
    pretty much defeats the purpose of it being a dj app......

• Does it have link yet?

• Yes it does according to the audiobus app filter....very interesting :)

• My problem with it is it has an auto BPM detection that cannot be changed as of now and has been inaccurate, so you will encounter a large amount of frustration there. A 4/4 beat that is 120BPM might come up as 96, 142, even if the tag is labeled 120.

The coolest feature of the app, grabbing sections and looping them on the fly and making cue points, is really hard to trigger correctly. I don't even think you can save them. Since I bought Blocs Wave, I realized what I wanted to do with little segments of loop was possible inside Blocs, so DJDJ has been gathering electronic dust.

Just my two cents.

• @FlightManual said:
    My problem with it is it has an auto BPM detection that cannot be changed as of now and has been inaccurate, so you will encounter a large amount of frustration there. A 4/4 beat that is 120BPM might come up as 96, 142, even if the tag is labeled 120.

The coolest feature of the app, grabbing sections and looping them on the fly and making cue points, is really hard to trigger correctly. I don't even think you can save them. Since I bought Blocs Wave, I realized what I wanted to do with little segments of loop was possible inside Blocs, so DJDJ has been gathering electronic dust.

Just my two cents.

What's wierd is I grabbed DjDj after bloc's. Just wanted a DJ app to use on 1 iPad that could link up with synth apps on another over ableton link.... Didnt see that it was missing headphone cue till after purchase :/

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Didnt see that it was missing headphone cue till after purchase :/

Same, and it is disappointing.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

I emailed the dev. He's pleasantly communicative on email. Headphone cueing is coming in the next few updates :) along with audioshare. Which basically means this app is fantastic. Dont regret it at all now :smiley:

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

I emailed the dev. He's pleasantly communicative on email. Headphone cueing is coming in the next few updates :) along with audioshare. Which basically means this app is fantastic. Dont regret it at all now :smiley:

Has flown completely under my radar: Enough unique capabilities to make it worth the pick-up if one has the blocs/aum/whatevers already?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Has flown completely under my radar: Enough unique capabilities to make it worth the pick-up if one has the blocs/aum/whatevers already?

think of it this way. run blocs. and play songs from music library. both with ableton link sync. so you can swap between djaying and live jamming. or do both same time :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

think of it this way. run blocs. and play songs from music library. both with ableton link sync. so you can swap between djaying and live jamming. or do both same time :)

Thank you, understood. Haven't yet/don't really use material from the library so perhaps (for me) this can wait until the needs-must on another day...