Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig BlueBoard MIDI over Bluetooth firmware update available

I'll keep it short, since the replies in another thread were not very welcoming to IK but for those interested, you can get (or learn how to check if you already have) the firmware update that adds MIDI over Bluetooth support: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=662

Comments

• edited March 2016

Thanks for the update* :neutral:
    Edit: *which is actually impossible for me to update!

• It seems that the updater is only available for PC...not a Mac. Is that correct?

• @ikmultimedia said:
    I'll keep it short, since the replies in another thread were not very welcoming to IK but for those interested, you can get (or learn how to check if you already have) the firmware update that adds MIDI over Bluetooth support: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=662

Thanks for the heads up on this :) , people can be a bit tetchy at times, take solice from the fact that they ARE using your apps :)

• Thx for the upgrade.

• Thank You !

• @funjunkie27 said:
    It seems that the updater is only available for PC...not a Mac. Is that correct?

And that the update only works on a Mac or iPad. .......

• It's a royal PITA of course to actually get to the update. You have to register which means finding the SN which doesn't seem to be anywhere on the blueboard. Why not just put the update there with a nice and easy link. Boom! Finished. Typical...

• So where can I find that serial number? Does anybody know?

• Lol @BiancaNeve . Good point. That doesn't seem to be have been well thought out.

• So it turns out you need the registration card in order to do the update. Gotta love it! How about at least printing the serial number on the f*#%ing product, IK?

• edited March 2016

same here, cant find a serial, LoL, and register before upgrade....sorry @ikmultimedia this is your art of customer loyality? even to open a supportticket....head shake!

Did someone try the update, after the update i cant connect AIR2<>Blueboard anymore...

the updater.exe tell:
    The application is ready to connect to the BlueBoard.
    No device found.
    Device found.

This iRig BlueBoard is already updated with the lastest firmware.

but after i upgrade it, my air2 doesnt find it, also the proprietary ik blueboard app. is searching...........................
    before the update the app founds it.

if i hold A @power on it lights on,for a second seems the upgrade is on Board....but even the app doesnt find it .
    BT is on, power on Blueboard the BT led blink around 2times a second steady....

if i hold B @power on it lights on,for a second...
    after next power on B lights for a scond....
    same C....whats the differents betweens these start ups?

if i hold D @power on it lights on, and blink steady like if you wanna upgrade.

and did someone try a expression pedal with it?
    did i have to used (which one please?) expression pedal with stereo cable or are the pedals functional with mono too?, dont try it before....

but first how could i connect again???...:-(

• So is there a mac updater or not? Would anyone be so kind to upload it somewhere for people like me who lost the registration card?

• edited March 2016

@Munibeast said:
    So is there a mac updater or not? Would anyone be so kind to upload it somewhere for people like me who lost the registration card?

No. There is no Mac updater.

In a similar thread on the KVR forum I suggested that they put a wine wrapper on it and got this response

"I will relay your suggestion but at this time if you'd like to add this functionality to your iRig BlueBoard you will need to use a Windows system to do so."

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=459602&sid=349375ab80814d9ba29e894b8cf1bdbc

It might be possible t get a new serial number by contacting IK http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

• Hence the less than welcoming reception.

• ^Your avatar seems very appropriate for this situation, @funjunkie27.
    It really doesn't make sense not to have mac updater and to deny access to anyone without the registration card.
    So would anybody be so kind to share the updater somehow? I have access to a windows 7 machine. It would be very much appreciated!

• Munibeast, I'll send you a link tommorow to download the updater.

• Thanks a lot @Johnba, I owe you a beer.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Hence the less than welcoming reception.

Yup!

• edited March 2016

my irig blueboard worked perfectly so far... until I did the update you suggest here. Now it is not working anymore. The irig blueboard app keeps searching for it and never finds it. What is wrong here?

@ikmultimedia said:

• edited March 2016

@obiwahnkentobi said:
    same here, cant find a serial, LoL, and register before upgrade....sorry @ikmultimedia this is your art of customer loyality? even to open a supportticket....head shake!

You don't need a serial number to open a support ticket. On any support forms where there is a field for it, the help states that you don't need one.

I hardly think this is reason for pitchforks and torches, but that's just like my opinion, man.

• Hello IKMultimedia,
    I've sent a help request as someone of your team suggested me on Facebook.
    Is there something wrong with the update or is It the app?
    My irig blueboard worked perfectly fine so far.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Hence the less than welcoming reception.

No Mac updater and unregistered products not being in users' User Area causing a minor bump in the road toward getting a non-required firmware update that adds functionality that was never spec'd for the product for free? Again, hardly seems a call for the pitchforks and torches on that front either. I'm sure it can all be sorted out and people will have access to the additional functionality once their issues are sorted out by support.

• @Johnba said:
    Hello IKMultimedia,

It is not the typical behavior in the units that they tested (plus units have been shipping with this firmware for some time too) so I'm sure support will be able to troubleshoot what you and obiwahnkentobi are experiencing (as well as help anybody that did not register their iRig BlueBoard).

• @ikmultimedia said:

@obiwahnkentobi said:

You don't need a serial number to open a support ticket. On any support forms where there is a field for it, the help states that you don't need one.

I hardly think this is reason for pitchforks and torches, but that's just like my opinion, man.

Thx for your help MAN....now i know nothing more as you or your support team is sulky, cause some of your customer dont like the way you run your business....
    I have bought sample tank full but after install there was so many instruments in the list which i have to purchase to use......what? Thought i bought the full version....dont like this too.
    Bought irig acoustic, sounds good MAN, but the cable is so gossamer that everytime i used it i am scary to get stuck and its ripped of....the cable is half of thick of a cheap headphone for 5€...and i have it in the guitar, so sit and dont move is the only save way here....

So try to go back to my problem with your product, as i used blueboard it the first time and realize that i have to use your proprietary software and cant use it without, the first feeling was: send em back.
    At this time i had no choice of other products around, so i lived with this, but dont like it much....i had better hear of my feeling now it too late, i have it, and after i run your update i cant use it anymore same as @Johnba.
    So please do your job MAN and answer the questions gentle and not pissed of cause of entitled customer meanings. Thank you.

By the way yes i could skip the serial question, but to register to get support/updates/driver way is a grab...why no link on your site support/download and fine?

• Yeah, so no update method works on my mac so far. It doesn't register with the wire but maybe bluetooth will work. hmmm.

• Looks like it might be a bad idea to do the upgrade anyways until all problems get sorted.
    Did it actually work for anybody?

• edited March 2016

@ikmultimedia said:

@Johnba said:
    Hello IKMultimedia,

It is not the typical behavior in the units that they tested (plus units have been shipping with this firmware for some time too) so I'm sure support will be able to troubleshoot what you and obiwahnkentobi are experiencing (as well as help anybody that did not register their iRig BlueBoard).

Ok, I've sent another help request mentioning that neither my IPad mini and IPad Air 2 work with the Irigblueboard now. The firmware update was done successfully (since pressing A pad lits at launching) but now the irigblueboard is not recognized any more by the app. I really regret having done that update now. I am still waiting for answers and solutions from Ikmultimedia team and hope they will reply to me soon.

• @Johnba said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@Johnba said:
    Hello IKMultimedia,

Ok, I've sent another help request mentioning that neither my IPad mini and IPad Air 2 work with the Irigblueboard now. The firmware update was done successfully (since pressing A pad lits at launching) but now the irigblueboard is not recognized any more by the app. I really regret having done that update now. I am still waiting for answers and solutions from Ikmultimedia team and hope they will reply to me soon.

Same here! Sit and wait

• I can appreciate the fact that this is an upgrade that I didn't pay for. I'm just amazed that a company would make an offer in such a manner. Had there been some mention that a Mac uploaded was in the works, I wouldn't have even commented. Given the track record of IK on this forum, and complaints about your approach, I would think you would take extra efforts to ensure you're putting your best foot forward.