Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Skram - Electronic Music Maker, new iOS app by Liine

Hi everyone.

We released our newest iPad app, Skram this morning. We’re very excited to share it with the world!

With Skram our goal is to creat a fresh, complete and totally accessible tool for making great sounding electronic music.

Releasing a new product is an exciting and mega hectic time and we’re a small team, but I’ll try my best to keep on top of this thread and check in occasionally to answer any questions you might have. Very interested to hear all feedback. What do you like about the app? What do you think would make it better?

Info on the app here: https://skramapp.com

Comments

• edited March 2016

And here's the launch video:

• Lot of fun.
    It would be great if the mute button would kill the inputs(note, hits, etc)instead of the output so the delays could tail off(managed to do that clearing the pattern but sometime I would like to still have the pattern ready to go again.
    And also being able to mangle with the mixer AND the gadgets/widgets(in other words being able to have access to the faders from the main screen instead of a dedicated page.

• Congratulations from a big fan of Lemur :)

Looks cool. Too bad I can't play with it... First Cubasis w/o AU support, then iSpark, now this.. Looks like it's time to upgrade my iPad 2

• @yug said:
    Congratulations from a big fan of Lemur :)

Looks cool. Too bad I can't play with it... First Cubasis w/o AU support, then iSpark, now this.. Looks like it's time to upgrade my iPad 2

Do it. Upgrading from a 2 was life changing, music wise

• Love Lemur so will buy this on the basis of that. Does it have Link or is that planned?

By the way, please put Link in Lemur too! ;)

• What options are there for getting sounds out of this?

Is it Audiobus or IAA compatible?

Thanks.

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Lot of fun.
    It would be great if the mute button would kill the inputs(note, hits, etc)instead of the output so the delays could tail off(managed to do that clearing the pattern but sometime I would like to still have the pattern ready to go again.
    And also being able to mangle with the mixer AND the gadgets/widgets(in other words being able to have access to the faders from the main screen instead of a dedicated page.

Glad you're having fun with it. Yep, both really great ideas I totally agree that it can be very powerful to be able to grab mixer controls and sonic controls at the same time. And yep, pre-fx mutes would allow you to so some pretty cool transitions.

• edited March 2016

@yug said:
    Congratulations from a big fan of Lemur :)

Oooh... sorry about that! :( Yeah, it won't run on my gf's iPad 2 either...! We were able to keep supporting the older devices with Lemur as it's simply not very heavy, being "only a controller". But running 4 streams of high quality synthesis, fx etc proves to be a bit much for those older processors!

• @Carnbot said:
    Love Lemur so will buy this on the basis of that. Does it have Link or is that planned?

By the way, please put Link in Lemur too! ;)

Thanks for the kind words :smile:

It doesn't have Link yet but, of course, this is in our magical list of "very desirable things"! This is just the beginning :wink:

• @/mschenkel.it Since you seem to be the only one here to already purchased the app, perhaps you can provide information regarding Audiobus, IAA, Link, Midi sync, and any import/export options, since these are all missing from any Liine communications, thanks

• @liinegareth said:
    Hi everyone.

We released our newest iPad app, Skram this morning. We’re very excited to share it with the world!

With Skram our goal is to creat a fresh, complete and totally accessible tool for making great sounding electronic music.

Releasing a new product is an exciting and mega hectic time and we’re a small team, but I’ll try my best to keep on top of this thread and check in occasionally to answer any questions you might have. Very interested to hear all feedback. What do you like about the app? What do you think would make it better?

Info on the app here: https://skramapp.com

Thanks for stopping by to introduce this @liinegareth !

Will purchase this tonight and have a play. Always exciting when new ways of making music are introduced.

• edited March 2016

@richiehoop said:
    What options are there for getting sounds out of this?

In this initial version you can record a jam and email it to yourself (or a friend) or pull it out of the Skram folder in the iTunes File Sharing window.

@richiehoop said:

Thanks.

Not yet. Obviously this is something which will be desirable to most on here! It's definitely on the feature backlog.

• @richiehoop said:

Thanks.

Not yet. Obviously this is something which will be desirable to most on here! It's definitely on the feature backlog.

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I suggest that you move them to the top of your "feature backlog" as they're pretty essential.

• @gsm909 said:
    @/mschenkel.it Since you seem to be the only one here to already purchased the app, perhaps you can provide information regarding Audiobus, IAA, Link, Midi sync, and any import/export options, since these are all missing from any Liine communications, thanks

No Audiobus, IAA, Link or MIDI sync in this first release. You can currently record a performance and get it out by emailing in-app or you can find it in "File Sharing" in the "Apps" tab in iTunes.

• So, iPad4 is (sadly) out. Looks great.

• ^ok liinegareth, thanks for the info

• edited March 2016

Cool debut for the app but got it to crash very easily (reproducable): If you don't record a performance and go to the recorded performance tab and press send, it crashes the app. (did this by accident)

Also I noticed that the drums drop after playing with it for a while. The rest seems to be playing but part of the beat on the 909 stops. I have an ipad air 1

• @paradiddle said:
    Cool debut for the app but got it to crash very easily (reproducable): If you don't record a performance and go to the recorded performance tab and press send, it crashes the app. (did this by accident)

Also I noticed that the drums drop after playing with it for a while. The rest seems to be playing but part of the beat on the 909 stops. I have an ipad air 1

Thanks for the info. Could not reproduce the crash her on iPad Mini 4. Could you please sync your iPad to iTunes on your computer and send over the crash report to [email protected]? After syncing your device in iTunes you should find recent crashlogs at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/

After the drums drop (also can't reproduce that here), do they ever come back in? Or are they silent forever until you restart the app or something?

• edited March 2016

@liinegareth said:

@gsm909 said:
    @/mschenkel.it Since you seem to be the only one here to already purchased the app, perhaps you can provide information regarding Audiobus, IAA, Link, Midi sync, and any import/export options, since these are all missing from any Liine communications, thanks

No Audiobus, IAA, Link or MIDI sync in this first release. You can currently record a performance and get it out by emailing in-app or you can find it in "File Sharing" in the "Apps" tab in iTunes.

I just bought your app, and it's a lot of fun, I really like the sound :)
    Please, easier export (AB,IAA) and link would be amazing

Also, Minor harmonic and pentatonic scales are a must for me, or even better: custom scales

Thanks

• Attention all devs! We DO NOT want to be tethered to iTunes File Sharing! :p

• It would be great if this could avoid the "walled garden" approach of Korg Gadget. Give it an IAA and AU widget, let it sequence other apps on the iPad. When you add midi make sure you can specify which ports and channels rather Gadget's omni mode which gets in the way of any other midi communications you need at the same time.

• Bought and had about 5 minutes with it....Yes I like a lot about this, being able to control 4 instruments on screen at once is great fun...can see it's growing potential.....Jamming with different patterns and changing stuff on the fly, nice!

The widgets are really good. Can you have more than 2 stored patterns on widgets? Plus preset saving on the instruments would be useful.

But it's a bit too self contained at the moment for me. Link and midi out for the widgets (using some of your Lemur magic) other than AB IAA support would add to it's depth so you can play with other apps and hardware. Also can you save a session?

Also multiple audio outs so you can record each track individually would be great for the future. I'm not so into self contained apps these days, more tools to combine in a studio set up.

As a sketchpad it's fun but there's no way currently to build on your results.

• edited March 2016

Figure in landscape mode?

Anyone found a way to save the patterns?

• Hi,

ok. I found the log. It's nowhere near where you said but it's probably cuz I'm on a winbox. Anyway I sent 4 of them.

Ok, about the other prob. It's actually the sound that cuts out momentarely and then it keeps playing. It's not even a sec. Very brief. I'm using ios 9.3 latest beta. Could that be it?

@liine_nick said:

@paradiddle said:

Thanks for the info. Could not reproduce the crash her on iPad Mini 4. Could you please sync your iPad to iTunes on your computer and send over the crash report to [email protected]? After syncing your device in iTunes you should find recent crashlogs at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/

After the drums drop (also can't reproduce that here), do they ever come back in? Or are they silent forever until you restart the app or something?

• @paradiddle said:
    Hi,

ok. I found the log. It's nowhere near where you said but it's probably cuz I'm on a winbox. Anyway I sent 4 of them.

Ok, about the other prob. It's actually the sound that cuts out momentarely and then it keeps playing. It's not even a sec. Very brief. I'm using ios 9.3 latest beta. Could that be it?

Alright, thanks. Receive the logs and forwarded to dev. Can't say why that's happening for you, can't reproduce here yet on any of our devices.

• I could only spend a few minutes with it. I really like the sound and the overall concept. More later. Stupid work...

• edited March 2016

@pierre said:
    I just bought your app, and it's a lot of fun, I really like the sound :)
    Please, easier export (AB,IAA) and link would be amazing

Also, Minor harmonic and pentatonic scales are a must for me, or even better: custom scales

Thanks for the feedback! We actually have all those scales under the hood, and earlier versions of the app did allow custom scales, but as we refined the app and tested with users, we saw that the initial experience had to be very simple and straightforward. We fully intend to expose those extended modes again, we just want to make sure it's done in a way that can bring everybody on board, from music theory nerds (like some of the Liine crew...) to people who just want to explore. So yeah, we're on it!

• @anickt said:
    Attention all devs! We DO NOT want to be tethered to iTunes File Sharing! :p

Haha. Ok, we hear you loud and clear! Indeed, the sharing is something which will be fleshed out further. We wanted to make sure that the initial version had some way of getting your jamz out of the beast but there will be more coming here..

• I'm gonna send you an audio sample with the gap I hear with the default song without touching anything. Just letting it play.

@liine_nick said:

@paradiddle said:
    Hi,

Alright, thanks. Receive the logs and forwarded to dev. Can't say why that's happening for you, can't reproduce here yet on any of our devices.

• Looks good and price is fair but the self contained tabletop type thing makes me hesitate . Will wait for audiobus and IAA to be added before I buy :))