Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave, a new app from the Launchpad for iOS team

As some of you have just notice, our new app is out today.

It is our attempt to help music makers build ideas from the ground up, find sounds, tweak them, and recording your own sounds. All of this can be much better explained here, on our new website.

http://blocs.cc

Also, the app introduces a new sub-brand for us called 'blocs'. We'll talk more about this soon.

Best // The Launchpad team

Comments

• Congrats @Launchpadforios and team. Looks great.

Watched the videos but have one question: Let's say you have the song set up in Em. When you record your own sample, and then change the key to Cm, does it transpose your recording as well?

Also, didn't see anything about sync. MIDI Sync? Link Enabled?

• When you record your own sample, and then change the key to Cm, does it transpose your recording as well?

Yes. It does, but you can change the key of imported and recored sounds at any time.

Also, didn't see anything about sync. MIDI Sync? Link Enabled?

Not just yet, however, we do now have a real-time stretch engine so it's now possible.

• No mention on App Store, Blocs website or any tutorial videos regarding Link, or Midi sync. Also, I don't see ANY effects included, on any loop or as master effects. It appears to be a loops player, allowing you to combine upto 8 loops, although the start and end positions can be edited, there doesn't seem to be any way to alter the loops. Either I'm missing something , or the tutorials could be better. Hopefully there aren't going to be IAP's for each effect type as with Launchpad. Time will tell. I'm holding off on purchasing for now

• Doesn't look very interesting. If you could flesh ideas out within the app itself, then maybe, but right now it mostly looks like a neutered multitrack recorder.

• I watched the video on recording but there is nothing about recording from other apps. Is that possible and can I press record from the sound source app via AB or IAA?

• @Launchpadforios
    Thanks for the app, just had a brief play around with it and it seems like it will serve as a decent sketchpad. I am having one little problem however. When I import or record a sound aside from the pad I import to it is nowhere to be found. Am I missing something or is there currently no user folder to store samples? I cant find them anywhere in the 'find' section.

@gsm909
    Really just an 8 slot sample player and recorder with limited sample editing (start time, end time, nudge/slip). No effects as far as I can tell.

• So, in light of recent other additions, -Group the Loop, Loopsonic- etc., what is this offering from our Launchpad friends giving us?

• Launchpadforios, I'm going to pay the money and check out your new app for myself cause as you know already I'm extremely interested, I hope everybody is wrong about the app.

• Looks nice, one question though,
    Why only minor keys in the metadata ? Are there plans for others also ?

• @kobamoto said:
    Launchpadforios, I'm going to pay the money and check out your new app for myself cause as you know already I'm extremely interested, I hope everybody is wrong about the app.

Let me know if is good . Thx

• hey guys does this app have panning?

• @kobamoto said:
    hey guys does this app have panning?

You owe me a dollar.

• To answer many of the questions above, Blocs Wave is our first release of what will shape up to be a great way to 'play' with sounds. The app is offered today at an introductory price, as it's the first release. We've already mostly made the next version, and you can start to imagine what we'll use the large waveform display for.

There are no in-app purchase 'features' like in Launchpad, but we do have a large sample library where you can buy more sounds, in a similar way to Launchpad. We're looking into ways to try and make it easier to get sounds from Launchpad into Blocs Wave (hence our key chart we posted a few weeks back).

We're working on Link. We'll report back on this soon.

The main thing we're proud of here is the speed of finding sounds. This took us AGES. We looked at all the other apps, and really wanted this to be a real feature. Once you've found some cool sounds, then we want tweeting

Recording is also pretty refined. You'll find some very solid audiobus support.

In terms of keys, we went for minor to start as we undertook some research. Or rather, I went on a mission to uncover what key some of the best music was written in. Minor wins. So we wanted to very easy first experience so we focused on minor.

• Well, I'm a big launch pad fan. I've got a huge number of content packs, and I own all the upgrades. Any chance of being able to buy all blocs sound packs in one discounted bundle?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:
    hey guys does this app have panning?

You owe me a dollar.

if it's got panning then I'll give you 2, one for the left and one for the right, so is that a yay or nay?

• I must say, the previews of the loops in the IAPs sound fantastic.

However, every time I early adopt, and buy some soundpacks , it seems like a discounted bundle comes out later, but I just end up paying more. So I'm going to try to hold off.

But these sound really cool.

• edited March 2016

Well I managed to record a little loop via Audiobus and to import a loop from Audioshare.

BUT.

I can't find either the recording or the import.

Any advice on where they are?

• Bianca does it have panning?

• edited March 2016

@kobamoto

Don't see any panning.

Early days.

Not obvious how you record a performance either (yes, you can do it via AB, but not immediately obvious how you do it internally; perhaps I am looking for Launchpad features too hard etc). The import works fine and the record (in terms of recording from the mic) seems to be fine also....presuming -as mentioned- that this will develop. Took iOS Launchpad a while to gather its legs under it, but this is a variant....

• ok, thanks Johnny.

• I'm going to write 'panning' in large letters on our nice new white board when I get in in the morning. I'll send a picture ;-)

• thanks Launchpadforios, appreciate it.
    May I ask what your plans are in the way of fx and is it possible to use this app with the launchpad mini controller?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Not obvious how you record a performance either (yes, you can do it via AB, but not immediately obvious how you do it internally; perhaps I am looking for Launchpad features too hard etc).

We have a settings menu in the lower right corner to route in input to a pad. This tutorial should show this. However, I feel you're after something else?

• We're looking into ways to try and make it easier to get sounds from Launchpad into Blocs Wave (hence our key chart we posted a few weeks back).

And into Launchpad from Blocs ?

In terms of keys, we went for minor to start as we undertook some research. Or rather, I went on a mission to uncover what key some of the best music was written in. Minor wins. So we wanted to very easy first experience so we focused on minor.

Is they key just for the matching, or is it used for transposing also ?

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks Launchpadforios, appreciate it.
    May I ask what your plans are in the way of fx

We'll, we've made something cool here. Not quite FX as such, but it effects the sounds in some deeper ways. It didn't make it into the first release version, but will ship soon.

As mentioned, you'll notice we have a very large waveform view, that will be used for some seriously fun things very shortly. We'll post something soon when we feel we're happy with it. Right now, we want to see how music makers find get ideas together.

• Was wondering if there was any integration with the launchpad (mini) / launchcontrol ?

• @kobamoto said:
    Bianca does it have panning?

Not that I can see