Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audioshare Updates ?

Seeing as there has been a lot of discussion regarding AUM, I was wondering if there were any update plans for Audioshare ?

For me, this is hands down one of the most useful apps for iOS music making, but a more comprehensive editor would really add to it's functionality (and Flac support ?)

Comments

• There's one thing that drives me a little bit mad in the UI, on the iPod/iPhone if you want to preview a file in the list you can do a quick tap on the play icon to hear the file without actually opening the editor screen, however there is something about the gesture or the size of the hit area that means I can hardly ever do it, nine times out of ten the file opens in the editor view.

Rather than have a finicky gesture, I think it would be much better if the play button acted as a straightforward button: if you tap anywhere on it, it just plays the file without opening the editor:

That way the UI would be much more reliable, you tap the play button itself to play the file, or the file name to open the editor.

• @richardyot said:
    There's one thing that drives me a little bit mad in the UI, on the iPod/iPhone if you want to preview a file in the list you can do a quick tap on the play icon to hear the file without actually opening the editor screen, however there is something about the gesture or the size of the hit area that means I can hardly ever do it, nine times out of ten the file opens in the editor view.

Rather than have a finicky gesture, I think it would be much better if the play button acted as a straightforward button: if you tap anywhere on it, it just plays the file without opening the editor:

That way the UI would be much more reliable, you tap the play button itself to play the file, or the file name to open the editor.

Thats true, plus what i really miss is the size or time of the file in AUM, like in audioshare!
    Or can i set this somewhere?

• i would like an option to get rid of the"hey,you have something in your trash folder" message whenever i open it ;)

• @richardyot said:

This is exactly how it works for me now on my 5S and my iPad. Do you have a screen protector on your phone or case that is interfering with the edge of the screen?

• @anickt said:
    This is exactly how it works for me now on my 5S and my iPad. Do you have a screen protector on your phone or case that is interfering with the edge of the screen?

No, just a naked screen. It works predictably on the iPad, but not on the iPod.

• @richardyot said:

@anickt said:

No, just a naked screen. It works predictably on the iPad, but not on the iPod.

Strange! :#

• @richardyot said:
    There's one thing that drives me a little bit mad in the UI, on the iPod/iPhone if you want to preview a file in the list you can do a quick tap on the play icon to hear the file without actually opening the editor screen, however there is something about the gesture or the size of the hit area that means I can hardly ever do it, nine times out of ten the file opens in the editor view.

Weird. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. Which version of AudioShare and iOS are you running on your iPod?

• @Crabman said:
    i would like an option to get rid of the"hey,you have something in your trash folder" message whenever i open it ;)

That's on my TODO :)

• @Igneous1 said:
    Seeing as there has been a lot of discussion regarding AUM, I was wondering if there were any update plans for Audioshare ?

For me, this is hands down one of the most useful apps for iOS music making, but a more comprehensive editor would really add to it's functionality (and Flac support ?)

The main purpose of AudioShare is to do file management, I'm afraid I'll not develop the simple built-in editor any further. However, I'm hoping to create a separate wave editor app that has direct access to all files in AudioShare! Maybe next years project :)

• @obiwahnkentobi said:
    Thats true, plus what i really miss is the size or time of the file in AUM, like in audioshare!

The time is already shown, isn't it? I can see the point of showing the size as well for recordings, yes.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Igneous1 said:

The main purpose of AudioShare is to do file management, I'm afraid I'll not develop the simple built-in editor any further. However, I'm hoping to create a separate wave editor app that has direct access to all files in AudioShare! Maybe next years project :)

Cash ready and waiting..

• @j_liljedahl said:

@obiwahnkentobi said:

The time is already shown, isn't it? I can see the point of showing the size as well for recordings, yes.

Time is there yes Sir >> i mean the length | size

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Weird. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. Which version of AudioShare and iOS are you running on your iPod?

Running iOS 9.2 and the latest Audioshare. It's an iPod 5th generation, sounds like maybe the problem is specific to that device then. It seems like the hit area is really small, I have to hit exactly on the centre of the icon for it to work.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Igneous1 said:

Thanks for your reply. It's a shame that you're not planning on developing the editor. I would imagine quite a lot of users would be happy to pay for an improved editor (an iap ?)

• Audioshare is a such important and necessary app that I can't simply imagine iOS music making without it...and some people don't have it?..How do they manage files and samples etc is beyond me...

I would really like the editor to be fixed so you can edit...zooming shows me a "line" that goes into infinity and often selected parts don't seem to be where I dragged them...and it is not possible to delete an unwanted part of a loop... I prefer to do all editing in one app (preferably AS), instead of opening another one to do that...

Maybe a new upgrade "pay for features" version could be made?
    Or an Audioshare 2? Not a freebie...
    Anyway thanks for all your apps and your support and involvement <3

• I think the separate app should do it for me if it shares the same storage. Then it's just like a new screen or tab in AS. I'm looking forward to an advanced audio editor by @j_liljedahl. And also the new player app.

• edited March 2016

@anickt said:

@richardyot said:

It also works perfect here on my iPad Air 2.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Crabman said:
    i would like an option to get rid of the"hey,you have something in your trash folder" message whenever i open it ;)

thanks...as usual :)

• @Nathan said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Crabman said:

Great. Trash being instantly trashed and gone, as an option, would be very welcome.

+1

• @supadom said:

@Nathan said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Crabman said:

Great. Trash being instantly trashed and gone, as an option, would be very welcome.

+1

I'm thinking I should do it like this: The trash alert is only shown once a week (if there's trash older than 7 days), and it would have a button "View Trash", and then a button when viewing trash to empty it all in one tap.

• @Jocphone said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Igneous1 said:

Cash ready and waiting..

Me too :)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@supadom said:

@Nathan said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Crabman said:

+1

I'm thinking I should do it like this: The trash alert is only shown once a week (if there's trash older than 7 days), and it would have a button "View Trash", and then a button when viewing trash to empty it all in one tap.

Yep one tap trash would save a lot of time.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@supadom said:

@Nathan said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Crabman said:

+1

Yep one tap trash would save a lot of time.

Agreed. One second here and there, before you know it you've lost the whole minute!

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Igneous1 said:

I think this is where you can expect reasonable leverage from your other work. The are other good options (TW for example) which I like for editing, BUT something integrated into the AS/AUM family would be most welcome.

• I'd say a really well featured audio editor on iOS would be a most welcome thing. Twisted Wave is pretty good, but there isn't anything (AFAIK) that is in the desktop league.

• @j_liljedahl said:

This is exactly the right way to do it. I believe it would be great to have an "all-in-one" app that does both, but this is the correct development path for your product line.

I'd like the editor to be like beattwirl, except actually working... if that helps.

• edited March 2016

@Munibeast said:
    I think the separate app should do it for me if it shares the same storage. Then it's just like a new screen or tab in AS. I'm looking forward to an advanced audio editor by @j_liljedahl. And also the new player app.

+10 on this (points, dollars, whatevers)

Interesting to dream of the Kymatica audio editor. With Audioshare, AUM (and its built-in processors) and Sector in the bag, seems like most of the parts for a capable and interesting audio editor is already built/envisioned. Oh, and Yellowfier for sample slicing.

• An IAP I'd be really interested in buying with AudioShare (or a companion app) would be an iOS instrument maker. Specifically, a way to use my library of audio files within AS to make sample based instruments for apps with text based formats. So, instead of moving 16 samples to BeatMaker to hand roll a kit, I'd like to select 16 wav files and have AudioShare generate the instrument data+samples as a package that I could then 'Open In' the target app.

Lots and lots of apps have these super simple text based (or xml based) instrument formats. Off the top of my head Thumbjam, BeatMaker, Drum Perfect, NanoStudio's TRG, Loopy, Auria's sampler... Obviously, they all have their own slightly different metadata for things like pitch and pan or whatever and it would be silly for an app to try to keep up with all of them but the basic 'pad1=sample.wav' is very straightforward and just having that as a starting point would be worth money to me. Seems like every time I get excited about a new drum/sampler app I waste a bunch of time recreating drum kits.

A sort of secondary bonus with this is that if you had, say, a TRG kit created in Audioshare, it would be a simple transform to make it a Drum Perfect kit. Maybe I'm just lazy. :)

• Unless I can't find it, I can't see if it's possible to upload files to icloud in Audioshare ?
    Apologies if this has been covered before, I'm just starting to look at icloud related things.

• You can upload to iCloud Drive, if that's what you mean?