Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Session......It's here!! :) Yay

Comments

• Wow! Thank you for the preview, @DerekBuddemeyer! And three more questions, if you have time: what's the average size of each drum kit? Are the sounds 24-bit audio? Does Drum Session stream the libraries from disk or from the RAM (very important)?

• @theconnactic said:
    Wow! Thank you for the preview, @DerekBuddemeyer! And three more questions, if you have time: what's the average size of each drum kit? Are the sounds 24-bit audio? Does Drum Session stream the libraries from disk or from the RAM (very important)?

Total app size is a little over 200mb

• @DerekBuddemeyer said:

@theconnactic said:
    Wow! Thank you for the preview, @DerekBuddemeyer! And three more questions, if you have time: what's the average size of each drum kit? Are the sounds 24-bit audio? Does Drum Session stream the libraries from disk or from the RAM (very important)?

Originally the app was over 1gb...but with a little hocus pocus...we were able to cut it down and still keep the integrity of the audio and everything else...pretty amazing for what it does

• Will it be able to export stems?

• @richardyot

@DerekBuddemeyer said:

@eustressor said:
    @High5denied - is that Willie Nelson's new band? :wink: Thank you for providing the screen shots, much easier to get my already warped mind bent properly around this app's promise.

And @DerekBuddemeyer, based on that very nice sounding demo, this definitely shows a great deal of promise. Thank you for the sneak listen. Will stem export be an option for those of us who have commitment issues when it comes to stereo drum tracks?

Stem support is a possibility...no promises as of yet

• Waiting for minimun hardware compatible/recommended...

• Will there be an option to change colours i.e. Make the text easier to read?

• Does it slice bread and butter it as well?

• @Tritonman said:
    Does it slice bread and butter it as well?

Yep. Rim shot to cut. Brush stroke to spread your butter. Paradiddle or flam to add jam ;)

• @Bluepunk said:

@Tritonman said:

Yep. Rim shot to cut. Brush stroke to spread your butter. Paradiddle or flam to add jam ;)

Why is it so hard to add jam? That's a crappy workflow.

• @richardyot said:

@Bluepunk said:

@Tritonman said:

Why is it so hard to add jam? That's a crappy workflow.

Agreed boss. Far too tricky. Even for drummers. Recoded now. Delete paradiddle and insert The Triple Ratamacue. Most of us can summon up a "clippety - clop." As a bonus, it will now ensure an even spread of your favourite preserves. ;)

• A preview of some of the help menu in Drum Session... can have multiple tempos AND time signatures on a single track....fun, right?!!

• Will it be able to receive, and most of all, send MIDI, like DrumPerfectPro can, @DerekBuddemeyer? It's the kind of crucial feature that is a deal maker/breaker for me...

• D> @DerekBuddemeyer said:

@theconnactic said:

Oh yeah!
    That is great news. I eagerly await.

• @theconnactic said:
    Will it be able to receive, and most of all, send MIDI, like DrumPerfectPro can, @DerekBuddemeyer? It's the kind of crucial feature that is a deal maker/breaker for me...

We are currently working on sending and receiving midi...

• Starting to feel more like something a little extra to be thankful for coming up.

• Instant buy.

• @supanorton said:
    Instant buy.

Yup, and............. By the way it looks, and by what Derek has been saying.....Insta use and results!

Kinda like when I use Rock DM. Only this might be just a tad bit more complex, or capable of a bit more?

• @DerekBuddemeyer Looking forward to this...

What styles will be included by default and what will be available as IAP (and at what price) at launch?

• @mmp said:
    @DerekBuddemeyer Looking forward to this...

What styles will be included by default and what will be available as IAP (and at what price) at launch?

Drum Session for iPad/iPhone (iOS 9 & up, iPhone/iPod touch 5 & up...iPhone not supported at launch but will be universal soon)

Create fully customizable, professional sounding drum tracks in minutes.

Over 3000 stock loops

3 drum kits (with 3 variations of each kit)

Each kit piece has EQ, room reverb, compression, and panning set to perfection and are individually tuned for each genre or style available.

Genres include:
    Punk, Pop, Metal, Jazz, Indie Rock, Indie Disco, Hard Rock, Funk, Blues Rock, Blues & Country, Ballad

Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatible (more options coming)

AudioCopy & iTunes file sharing

Create your own patterns/loops, edit existing loops with piano roll function

Customizable pads/keys layout with upper and lower layouts.

Simple drag/drop operation

Multiple tempos and time signatures can be assigned to a single track

Midi in/out

Connect to midi controller keyboard for insane playability and velocity control
    Can also connect to electric drum kit for live performances or recording

Several Loop packs in many different genres will be available via IAP store and updated regularly... progressive, hip hop, modern rock, etc... ranging from 500-1000 loops each.

This is a small list of features....more to come soon...and we will be adding much, MUCH more in regular future updates.

Introductory price of $24.99

• Thanks Derek, will most likely buy as soon as it's out, most interested in Blues, Country, Rock and Ballad genres!

• :o Can this come out now please! :)

• "Multiple tempos and time signatures can be assigned to a single track"

Ñam, ñam.

It's hard, to be waiting...

• Really cool. I've had a eye on this for awhile not just because I think there's still a need for a great acoustic drum app to support guitar players, but also because I've used some of Derek's samples and loops and they're some of the best resources of that type we've had on iOS.

Right now, if you're a guitarist with limited knowledge of drumming, your best options are Rock Drum Machine (which has great loops and some improv features, but not really built for full customization and song writing), GarageBand's virtual drummer (kinda barebones, but underrated), or DrumPerfect/Pro (which a lot of people love but which I was never able to understand and work with).

This project has potential to marry some of the best aspects of all of those into one app. TONS of built-in loops for people who just want to jam or find quick inspiration. A piano roll style editor that allows you to program your own stuff. And loads of high-quality samples and kits that will already be in the app, rather than trying to import them all into a sampler and making that work.

U.I. looks good too - it's not drab or boring, but also not trying too hard to be fancy and throw a bunch of crap on the screen that would just slow down performance. I expect it to be a big file size and probably have a bit of a learning curve, but I'm pretty confident it will be worth the money to give it a shot.

• Not sure I'd buy this. I agree with @StormJH1's assessment of current options and I worry that this will be closer to DrumPerfect Pro which I admire but have never made anything I want to work with. However, that's what this forum is great at; if the brethren report back as to its essential essentialness then fair enough...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Not sure I'd buy this. I agree with @StormJH1's assessment of current options and I worry that this will be closer to DrumPerfect Pro which I admire but have never made anything I want to work with. However, that's what this forum is great at; if the brethren report back as to its essential essentialness then fair enough...

I think a better comparison is EZ drummer, which is very easy and nothing at all like DPP. Knowing Derek's background a little bit, this definitely comes from a musical place and is for the purpose of getting songs together quickly that sound polished.

• @mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Not sure I'd buy this. I agree with @StormJH1's assessment of current options and I worry that this will be closer to DrumPerfect Pro which I admire but have never made anything I want to work with. However, that's what this forum is great at; if the brethren report back as to its essential essentialness then fair enough...

I think a better comparison is EZ drummer, which is very easy and nothing at all like DPP. Knowing Derek's background a little bit, this definitely comes from a musical place and is for the purpose of getting songs together quickly that sound polished.

I agree 100%!