Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Session......It's here!! :) Yay

Comments

• @ToMess said:

@High5denied said:
    Nothing like this in the iOS world of drumming.

Well there is this being developed https://www.positivegrid.com/drumapp/

Ya I know this, I'm gonna beta test it. But it wasn't bein talked about when I posted that. :)

• I am also going to beta test this. Derek said they were hoping to release it next month so presumably October. :smile:

• @High5denied said:

@ToMess said:

@High5denied said:
    Nothing like this in the iOS world of drumming.

Well there is this being developed https://www.positivegrid.com/drumapp/

Ya I know this, I'm gonna beta test it. But it wasn't bein talked about when I posted that. :)

Okay. How is it? Im really looking towards its release and would like all info possible

• So did anybody get the TestFlight mail yet? :#

• Ok, kind of eager to try it out :D

• Hopefully for the new year or shortly after at least. Maybe even Christmas?

• Anybody testing yet? :#

• I was told it will be released later in November.

• edited November 2016

-

• Been a while since I've made an appearance here...good to see there's still some interest in this...so thanks for that...lol. Yes...app is close to release. Main points... under 300mb...price will be $24.99... massive drum styles and add-oNS available via IAP...AUDIOBUS, IAA compatible... create your own loops...comes loaded with over 3000 loops that you can edit. I'll post some sound samples but, I'll mainly let the app speak for itself...along with a few videos from both users and myself... I'm sure most will find this a very useful tool... and yes...very EZDrummer-ish. Here's a pop/rock kit demo

• We also have a slew of continuous updates and additional content that we will be developing for future versions as it evolves. There's really a ton of info to cover here...I'll try and make sure I keep everyone posted little by little as I can. Hoping for Late Nover or a December release :)

• It certainly sounds very good!

• Good to see you here Derek, I hope all is well! The demo sounds great, I look forward to the app without question.

• Ableton Link? Surely - or should I say please? Drums must have Link these days.

• Looking forward to learning more. Thanks for the heads up Derek.

• I wish me a merry Christmas. :D

• Auria Store version, @DerekBuddemeyer? Pretty please?

• edited November 2016

@theconnactic said:
    Auria Store version, @DerekBuddemeyer? Pretty please?

C'mon... If 'everything' would be in the 'Auria Store' the initial download of Auria.app would be millions of Gigs since all the Plug-Ins are included in the initial download, only sample-content is downloaded on demand...

Don't get me wrong, I know you love Auria Pro almost as much as I despise AudioCopy & iMPC Pro...

• Don't get me wrong, @Samu! It's not my enthusiasm for Auria this time, it's my (mild) disappointment with the way AU is implemented on the iPad (check out the latest video by Jacob Haq where he confirms my perceptions). Fact is, Auria plug-ins are rock solid, while AU-X has a long way to go.

Would love to have more than one instance of this on my projects.

• P.S..: not a fan of AudioCopy as well.

• Wow sounds really good. 25 bucks? That's it..... Sounds goooooooooooood to me...... Please hurry!!!! :)

• @theconnactic Got it!

Still I think the 'right way' to tackle this 'issue' with AU-X & Presets is to keep the communication with Apple 'open' and active in the way that devs like @brambos has been doing instead of 'locking' the Plug-Ins to one host.
    (I think many of us would be more than 'pleased' if say all the Korg 'Gadgets' or all 'AuriaPro Plug-Ins' were available as AU-Xs' everywhere but I don't see that happening anytime soonish).

I'm pretty sure that by know at least some people over at Apple understand the situation but considering the iOS 'release-cycle' I doubt we'll see anything 'major' before WWDC'17.

• edited November 2016

One more step on the Holy Drum Grail Trail.

Need to start making a Christmas list for Mrs. Goodyear....

• edited November 2016

I have high hopes and expectations for AU. Actually, it is already vastly superior to IAA and still improving. And from development side it's really gaining steam lately.

As Samu said - if we want iOS to close the gap with desktop we need to work with Apple and not against them. I'm reaching out to them and supporting where possible. Don't forget that the Apple music software team includes the eMagic/Logic team and the Camel Audio guys. These people know their shit.

Besides, limiting myself to the niche of Auria users (in an iOS market that is already minuscule in itself) doesn't make much business sense to me.

• edited November 2016

As far as I know, @Brambos, it's not an either/or situation: you can have AU support and Auria store availability. For a business point of view, more channels are always an advantage. You already considered it once, for a better integration with Auria. By all means, please go for it if you didn't change your mind, because Auria plug-ins do perform better than AU for now. Again, reinforcing my point: it's not either/or - you can have your app available both as AU and Auria Plug-in.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Ableton Link? Surely - or should I say please? Drums must have Link these days.

Surely! ...and puuulleeeeaaze!

• @High5denied - is that Willie Nelson's new band? :wink: Thank you for providing the screen shots, much easier to get my already warped mind bent properly around this app's promise.

And @DerekBuddemeyer, based on that very nice sounding demo, this definitely shows a great deal of promise. Thank you for the sneak listen. Will stem export be an option for those of us who have commitment issues when it comes to stereo drum tracks?