Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat Machine Update

Audiobus support

Virtual midi

Midi clock

Assignable midi channels

Assignable note numbers

Bug fixes

Comments

• Great news :-)

• Hi , does anyone know if this app has a swing or groove option ? I cant find anything & for me its a basic function for a drum machine. The only way to contact the devs is through facebook which I dont do (bigtime). Looks like another app for delete..sigh

• edited June 2013

Hi, when I made Beat-Machine I opted for a custom quantize algorithm that I had been using for myself for a while instead of the classic swing algorithm. It randomly shuffles notes out of time for a more human feel rather than just pulling notes closer to the nearest triplet like the classic swing algorithm. I can still add classic swing though if you'd like to have it. You're the first to ever ask for it. I am a long time fan of drum machines and swing is something I never ever use on any of them, instead manually shifting notes off grid for a different feel. So I guess I am biased. No need to delete m'friend, Beat-Machine only takes < 20 MB on your device! And I add whatever people want. Maybe swing + my anti-quantize algorithm could yield some interesting results.

EDIT: Well, good news: I took a break from the app I'm currently developing and added swing to Beat-Machine in about 45 minutes. I found the algorithm on the internet haha. It's pretty simple and sounds like all other swingin' drum machines. So it's definitely in the next update among other things.

• Man it's awsome

• Thanks @dreamless. @ kennyrox welcome back. Beat Machine is awesome.

• @mgmg4871 I've been investigating the midi clock sync issue and I've gotten it to work, but only about 50% of the time. I've been trying other apps and I've found that I can't get clock sync to work with DM-1 at all, and funkbox only works about 50% of the time also. All 3 of them work 100% of the time when using clock sync with real hardware and midi cables, so this leads me to believe that it's an issue with virtual midi on iOS. It isn't easy to implement and it's unclear with many apps how they are connecting to each other, if at all. Have you gotten clock sync to work with other apps?

• I've had more success with Funkbox, Loopy, and Sunrizer because of this video posted by Sebastian.
    forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/718#Comment_718

• many thanks @dreamless for your prompt reply & action , by the way really like the app apart from the swing issue.

• @mgmg4871 I found a bug in my MIDI code... that is what is causing the problem. I'll be done fixing it later today and I'll request an expedited review from apple to try and get the fix out ASAP.

• Thank you. Looking forward to update.

• Thank you good to be back.....can anyone tell me where the manual is for beat machine

• edited June 2013

I dont think there is one @kennyrox. Maybe @dreamless can get a promo code to @soundtestroom to do a video.

• I have lots of promo codes available for anyone who wants to help me with anything. I have another app coming out soon and will also give promo codes to anyone who wants to help with that one too.

• cool....keep me in mind...i just used beat machine on a song in my studio...very good app

• Beat Machine just updated again with a midi bug fix.

• I'm such an app whore. Just bought it. Looking forward to playing tomorrow. I really like the sound of the custom quantise algorithm. I find swing a little limiting sometimes. @dreamless, would be interested to see what you're working on next. @mgmg4871, I know someone already mentioned this, but seriously, do you ever sleep? And @anybody, can you please tell me how to get people's names to show up properly when I put "@" in front of them???

• @iansainsbury Lol. Oh, and the names are showing up right.

• @dreamless keep me in mind for promo code

• edited June 2013

@apparentlyit'sworking. Ty

• Beat Machine is a very nice app but I'm with @jsb with this one swing or groove is a basic function for a drum machine and that's why so many of them incorporate it and thanks to @dreamless for incorporating it so quickly, I wonder if you could go a step further and have
    An independent swing setting for each track that might sound interesting.

• I'll keep that in mind too. Right now both quantize and swing affect the whole pattern and they both work at the same time... which makes for some pretty non-machine like beats. I guess maybe I shouldn't have overlooked swing. I keep it turned down low though.

• I'm old school lol...can you maybe add some more patterns..the ones that are on there are awesome..keep em coming. ...promo code please

• My new app has to be on the app store before I can give out any promo codes :)

It won't be ready until about August-September... hopefully sooner though. It might be possible to let some users do some beta testing before that though.

• If you guys enjoy using Beat-Machine, can you do me a favor and leave a review? Especially in the USA... people either don't review it or leave one star and don't describe what their problem is or contact me :/

Plenty of reviews in other countries though haha. This forum is really the only place I've talked to anybody using it.

• Submitted

• Will do.

• ok will do