Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can I do this with bismark bs-16i?

I want to use some of the tones from my Yamaha MO8 keyboard without having to bring that keyboard with me to gigs. Can i use bismark or any other sampler to record tones from my Yamaha and then access that sound in the sampler using my midi controller. If so, how should I hook up my Keyboard? Can I use audioshare for this?

Comments

• BeatMaker2 is great for sampling :)

Time consuming but does a great job.

Problem is that many of the sounds of the MO8 are not just simple samples and you would have to sample many different layers to get close to the sound.

• By the way, Bismark is not really a sampler.

• Got it, thanks. Is there a particular app and/or approach that you would suggest that would allow me to achieve this? I've switched my rig from strictly hardware to iOS apps and midi controller, but there are a handful of sounds that I miss from my MO8...

• If you only want a few sounds, then I would say at this time, BM2 is the only app that really lets you sample in any depth. Otherwise, it's pretty much using a computer sampler and using the samples in any iOS player.

BM2 is quite heavy on space and resources though to just use as a sampler. BM3 Is due, but when is anybody's guess.

iOS really needs a high spec sampler if any Devs are listening :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    If you only want a few sounds, then I would say at this time, BM2 is the only app that really lets you sample in any depth. Otherwise, it's pretty much using a computer sampler and using the samples in any iOS player.

BM2 is quite heavy on space and resources though to just use as a sampler. BM3 Is due, but when is anybody's guess.

Thanks @Fruitbat1919. The Garage Band Sampler isn't bad but no AB... :/

• @mptrin said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    If you only want a few sounds, then I would say at this time, BM2 is the only app that really lets you sample in any depth. Otherwise, it's pretty much using a computer sampler and using the samples in any iOS player.

Thanks @Fruitbat1919. The Garage Band Sampler isn't bad but no AB... :/

I may be wrong, but I don't think the GB sampler does velocity layers, which I would think are pretty essential to capture a good MO8 sound.

There used to be a great PC sampler that automated the sampling process, but I have no idea if it's still around or what it was called, sorry.

• For a simple sample and play player SirSampleton

• BS 16i does not sample, but it DOES play velocity layered soundfonts. If you used your gamut of samples to construct a velocity layered soundfont (in desktop Viena or whatever - I'm not adept at that process) and you loaded that soundfont into BS-16i, you would have a pretty sweet thing going.

• edited February 2016

Redmatica's automatic sampler is now built into Apple's Mainstage (They bought them ages ago).
    You could use that to make an exs file that you could use in Auria

Or there's Vokey2 which has layered samples. Never tried it though so I don't know if it's any good.

• @JonLewis said:
    BS 16i does not sample, but it DOES play velocity layered soundfonts. If you used your gamut of samples to construct a velocity layered soundfont (in desktop Viena or whatever - I'm not adept at that process) and you loaded that soundfont into BS-16i, you would have a pretty sweet thing going.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Redmatica's automatic sampler is now built into Apple's Mainstage (They bought them ages ago).

Or there's Vokey2 which has layered samples. Never tried it though so I don't know if it's any good.

Thanks, these are good options, though it looks like I will likely need to use a computer to create the sample or sound font which is not ideal, but if I can find the time to invest I may do so anyway just to get these tones back into my rig...

• Oh, any good sites for downloading sound fonts??

• There is another thread for soundfont recommendations, there are a lot! I would also mention the sampler in Cubasis which is pretty good, although having to run Cubasis just for the sampler might seem like overkill.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Maybe my imagination but didn't the Auria guys say they were going to expand Lyra into a full sampler app?

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Maybe my imagination but didn't the Auria guys say they were going to expand Lyra into a full sampler app?

I believe I remember that too. Fingers crossed.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Here's a good tutorial on the topic: https://brianli.com/sampling-synths-auto-sampler-mainstage-3/

I don't have Auria Pro (too expensive for an app I can't run on my older iPad :)) so I'm using Cubasis' MiniSampler instead. Creating a new instrument in MiniSampler requires some work but it's pretty easy actually.

I just take the sample files from '~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/Auto Sampled', copy them over to Cubasis and then start making a new instrument.

Also, I'm working on a script that would take the AutoSampler output and create an SFZ instrument, which then can be converted to SF2 and used in bs-16i. Hope to finish it soon

• Is there a way to turn off the dynamics for midi controllers? I have found the option to turn off the velocity sensitivity for the touchscreen, but not for external controllers.