Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Simple app to play music in audiobus (to jam with it)

I need a simple app to use into audiobus; this app should only play music stored in my iPad; a possibility to set the volume would also be great.
It has to be a simple app because the further apps in audiobus (I want to use) (-> BIAS, EchoPad) use much of the processor.
What I want to do? Jam to my iPad's music!

Comments

• Multitrack DAW for the win.

• Which Bias are you using?

• Bias Amp Modeling for iPad. Any other purposes: A simple player instead of a (multitrack) DAW?

• Maybe this „Jam Player - Time and Pitch Audio Player“ von Positive Grid Inc
    https://appsto.re/de/EQoXG.i

• You could transfer the amp modal to Jam up or Bias FX they have music playing for jamming to.

• bismark Music2Bus by Shun Murabayashi
    https://appsto.re/gb/QPczM.i

• Maybe overkill but I use "djay 2" for this because it features fine tuning for +/- on both the tempo (useful to slow music down for learning tracks etc, it can optionally maintain the pitch) and the pitch (for re-tuning songs that aren't quite in the right pitch); plus it can handle playlists. I don't think there is an A-B looper though, just a "goto marker" function. This app seems to be on sale every now and then. JamUp from Positive Grid has the same "Jam" functionality as their separate Jam Player - but it doesn't do playlists and the pitch alteration is only in semi-tones I think. I can't tell how much these apps affect CPU usage though...

• Thanks for your ideas. Djay 2 sounds to be fine. Does it work with audiobus?
    Otherwise I would take the jam up possibility because I own that tool.

• Amplifind

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplifind-music-player-visualizer/id705587544?mt=8

Audioshare could work and should be owned by any iDevice musician

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audioshare-audio-document/id543859300?mt=8

One downside to Audioshare for this purpose is you have to import from iTunes. Amplifind will play directly off your iTunes playlist.

• I tried the Bismark-app. It works. With Jam Up and the integrated player (I own), there was a problem with audiobus and echopad working simultaneously. It is a pity because the option to slow the speed of a tune down, would be great.

• Someone pointed out in another thread that the app "AudioStretch" is AudioBus enabled (as is djay 2) and, although you can only load one song at a time, has all the time/pitch-stretching you could wish for. Expensive for your need maybe but sometimes on offer... There are lite/LE versions of both AudioStretch and djay if that helps.

• If you have Jam Up Pro already that should fit your needs. I used it for just the purposes you describe and it worked perfectly well, though lately I've been using the music player in ToneStack 2.0 since mostly moving away from Positive Grid stuff.

• "If you have Jam Up Pro already that should fit your needs."

Could you please tell me, how you have done it?

I used two "tracks" in Audiobus in parallel:
    1. BIAS AMP - EMPTY - ECHO PAD [for playing my music]
    2. EMPTY - EMPTY - Jam Up Pro (Player) [for playing music to jam to]

If I do so, Echo Pad does not react properly any more...

• Kymatica AUM should do that for you. It's on sale now at an introductory price. You could import music into it on one track, then run bias through the other.

• I couldn't even get jam player to initialise in AB.

But if I had I would have had it set

Bias amp echo pad speaker
    Jam player empty speaker

• "But if I had I would have had it set
    Bias amp echo pad speaker
    Jam player empty speaker"

Okay, I will try that.

• Interesting... It is not a problem with the jam player and the other effect-chain, but a problem with a second audiobus-line and echo pad.
    In the moment when there is a second line (with input, effect and output, all empty), echo pad does not work properly any more.
    I think I have to wait until someone of the echo pad- or audiobus-developer will fix this problem in an update.

• I've been trying to do the same as you and had problems too, but they are difficult to duplicate! I don't have the multi-channel IAP for Audiobus, so I can only do one chain. But, putting Jam Up Pro in the Input slot of Audiobus and then adding Echo Pad as an effect sometimes cut all the sound for me. Ejecting Echo Pad, swiping away the app to close it and then adding it again into the Effects slot then worked OK. Sometimes, when I switched to Jamup to stop/change the track in the Jam section, I got a horrible buzzing noise. Again, ejecting and reloading Echo Pad fixed it. It kind of points to a problem with Echo Pad, however, when I used the app "Djay 2" in the input slot of AB, I had none of these problems! So maybe its Jamup Pro. (Note: using Djay 2 also gave me transport controls in AB, I don't know if Jam Player does this but Jamup Pro doesn't).
    Out of interest, I tried to do all this in Kymatica's AUM app. Trying to load BIAS Amp into an input slot failed - I had to open BIAS first then I could add it as an input (undoubtably a BIAS problem). I then added Echo Pad as an Effect on channel 1. I created a second channel and put Jamup Pro as an input, nothing else. When I started playing a track in the Jam tab, I could hear it all OK and AUM let me adjust the relative volumes on each channel. However, at some point JamUp Pro suddenly went very quiet (can barely hear the music) and its been like that now ever since. If I load e.g. Tonestack and use its Tape player, all sounds fine, and if I switch to JamUp, also sounds fine but if I load up JamUp on its own, I can hardly hear it. Bizarre. It works OK if there's another audio app running (Tonestack, AUM, Audiobus) but not on its own. Tried a reboot and full off/on cycle but still something wrong. I wish I hadn't started !!