Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Smiths guitar sounds

Just heard johnny marr last night playing
'How soon is now' wow wow wow
Which app or effects do I need to create the sound and flavour of this iconic record. Hoping to use guitarism and some effects to create the amazing guitar solo half way through on my ipad. I know I am dreaming!! But it's good to live in hope. Any help would really really be appriciated

Comments

• Great song! You could probably recreate most of the guitar parts using Guitarism, Jam-up Pro/Ampkit+, and Fretless Guitar. The major effects I would start with in trying to recreate the sound would be a tremolo or rhythmic gate, delay and reverb. Multi tracking and a lot of track-splicing would probably be necessary too--but then again, Johnny played a lot in the studio and did a lot of that himself, from what I've read.

• Thanks audiojunkie. I kinda knew it wasn't gonna be a 5 minute project. Real shame I never learnt to play the guitar before all my little rug rats( kids ) started popping out. Oh if I could of mapped my life out!!!

• Don't feel too bad. Repetitive strain injury or carpel tunnel or something has messed my wrists up and I can't play any of my guitars--thus the reason for my move to the above mentioned apps. :-) They really are the best I can find right now. :-)

• There's a lot of speculation on the internees about what went into creating the sound of that main riff. Stephen street and Marr both said at one point they didn't even remember! I'd start there and then figure out how you may be able to recreate it with the apps you have.