Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IFretless Bass

This might be a dumb question but... Is there a way to use a keyboard controller to generate music from iFretless Bass? I like its bass sounds but I suck at strumming the iPad screen. I've tried using my keyboard to no avail. I emailed them a couple of days ago but haven't received an answer.

Comments

• Its midi out only I think.

• I'm pretty sure the newest update just the other day added midi in

• Think yowza is right.

But I find ifretless one of the few apps that works really well on the ipad screen.

• Hmmm. Don't I feel like a dope. Even with the latest update, I couldn't get iFretless Bass to work with my keyboard. I restarted the iPad this morning and it works.

• @commonstookie I agree. When this was announced I actually wondered why on earth MIDI In had been added.

• @commonstookie. Totally agree about ifretless playability on the touch screen. It's one of the only apps I actually prefer to play on the scene like ThumbJam.

• iFretless > MIDI.Seq. > iFretless ...

• Originally we didn't put MIDI input support in iFretless because we didn't see any advantage to using a keyboard to control the app when you could just play on the screen. But a number of keyboard players requested the MIDI input feature.

After testing the feature, I wouldn't say that it's better than playing on screen but it's nice enough that I could see why people who don't play guitar would want to have this option.

One of the main reasons why I personally wanted the midi input was so that we could use Geo Synth to control iFretless. I like really that auto-octave feature.

• Do you handle Geo's poly pitchbend correctly?