Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for Orchestra String VST

Hi guys, I have learned a lot from this forum, so now my question is which apps can produce good orchestra string sound? Actually I just want to put it into some Pop-Rock song, so as long as it sound like "a lot of violin playing some notes", then is OK for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Bs-16i has nice strings, Sampletank and Garagebands strings are not bad.

• I've always liked the "String Ensemble" in ThumbJam best. :-)

• I love the viola in ThumbJam. I love all their samples.

• @RockingGarage: just a note that ThumbJam's strings are really solo instruments, and the String Ensemble patch just covers the full range with appropriate instruments. The "ensemble" part comes when you throw down multiple fingers on different notes, they aren't full string sections with one touch. That said, you should still buy the app :)

• +1 for Thumbjam. And they're just so damned playable thanks to the accelerometer-controlled volume swells.

• +1 for both of the above. There are plenty of sound fonts out there, if you look, to use different patches in bs-16i. Often sounds better if you use 2 different sounds to play the same thing. It gives a more in depth sound

• If I remember correctly there is a Soundfont that can be loaded into bs-16i that provides good coverage of Orchestra strings. It's not my thing but I think it was mentioned in one of the bs-16i threads?

• yes, and BS16 allows you to have a different patch for each midi channel. Set that up and control using something in omni mode

• Gestrument is another option worth looking at.

Besides Thumbjam, my vote would be GarageBand too. The way the "smart instruments" works with the string sections makes it really easy and fast to play/record different articulations/expressions etc.

• edited June 2013

Another vote for ThumbJam! I use mostly ThumbJam and Alchemy at the same time for really deep string sounds!
    Indeed...ThumbJam is one of those Apps which are in my Top 5 since 2 years! I also love it for all the scales!
    ...oh and it has Audiobus and Jack support :D

• Thumbjam + chordion a winning team for string sounds

• This has turned into a ThumbJam love thread! Anybody that doesn't have it should realize it's one of the most fundamental apps you can have to build around. It can do almost anything. I run it through all kinds of controllers just for variety of ideas: Chordion, Soundprism, Polychord, you name it! If you could get only one app, I would get ThumbJam. Really.