Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sound stops when I add ThumbJam to Audiobus

edited December 2012 in Support and Feedback

I'm trying to record ThumbJam into Multitrack DAW via Audiobus using Soundprism as a controller. I have SoundPrism and ThumbJam as inputs in Audiobus and I get no sound in MTD. When I try to play soundprism I get no sound as well. If I remove ThumbJam, shut it down, and restart it from outside of Audiobus, I get the audio just fine. When I add it back into Audiobus the sound stop again. I've tried stopping and starting the apps in various order several times now. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Just to update my own post, I think I was running into a system resource issue. I also had step poly arp in the mix and after a restart it was working fine until I added step poly back in there. Wen I did that the sound had the clipping I've read about in other posts. Pops and clicks tell me I'm pushing my little ipad 2 beyond her limits. As a side note, if I remove soundprism from Audiobus I can actually still use this setup to record into Multitrack DAW (soundprism into step poly into ThumbJam). It's just a little more difficult because I have to switch to soundprism manually since its outside of audiobus.

• edited December 2012

Yeah, looks like your CPU might be running a little hot there. I've talked to the Thumbjam developer and he's submitting an update to ThumbJam today but since iTunes shuts down for developers between the 21st and 28th the update will probably not be available until after that.
    Maybe that update will fix this bug for you as well but I'm fairly sure it's a resource issue.

I know it's a bit obscene but... if you really like Audiobus and want to use multiple apps with it like that (SoundPrism, Step Poly Arp, Sunrizer, a something to record that stuff with and are using a cpu hungry patch in sunrizer) the solution would be to get an iPad 4. It's more than twice as fast as the iPad 2. Maybe something to look for under the tree...

• Yes, that's been the only drawback I've found about Audiobus yet. My ipad 2 is now feeling very outdated ;-) the work around of just not adding soundprism to audiobus will work in the short term. I was happily surprised that worked to be honest.