Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

modstep sampler tutorial

Comments

• sweet, does mod step have side chain comp?

• Does Modstep only do 4/4 time signatures?

• @yowza said:
    Does Modstep only do 4/4 time signatures?

ah I wonder that myself and if it does multiple time signatures within one song?

• Awesome! Some little things there I didn't know how to do, like getting individual effects rather than global. The sampler works great with the Beatstep Pro.

• is anyone else experiencing panning issues with this sampler? the lower the volume is on a pad, the more i hear it panning to the right, and as i bring the volume back up to 0db it centers. it mainly happens with imported samples, which i have double-checked with patterning and they are all centered. thoughts?

• Thanks. Please make more tutorials for this complex multi faceted beast!

• edited February 2016

@catamaran said:
    is anyone else experiencing panning issues with this sampler? the lower the volume is on a pad, the more i hear it panning to the right, and as i bring the volume back up to 0db it centers. it mainly happens with imported samples, which i have double-checked with patterning and they are all centered. thoughts?

would a picture of a horse help you out in this situation, cause I know where to get one for a bargain.

• @kobamoto said:

@catamaran said:
    is anyone else experiencing panning issues with this sampler? the lower the volume is on a pad, the more i hear it panning to the right, and as i bring the volume back up to 0db it centers. it mainly happens with imported samples, which i have double-checked with patterning and they are all centered. thoughts?

would a picture of a horse help you out in this situation, cause I know where to get one for a bargain.

wut

• @catamaran said:

@kobamoto said:

@catamaran said:

wut

Well, do you want a picture of a horse or not?

• would rather have panning

• @FlightManual said:
    The sampler works great with the Beatstep Pro.

Glad to hear that, how do you exactly use it? There are 3 sequencers in BSP.
    Can you use all three sequencers (or at least 2), one for drum machine and other for synth in Modstep?
    Can Modstep have multiple midi channels in?

Can someone confirm time signatures and which ones they are?
    Thanks

• @kobamoto said:

@catamaran said:

LMAOO, I saw the horse this morning

• edited February 2016

@catamaran said:
    would rather have panning

inside joke..... anyways I'm here to join you in solidarity and ask for proper panning.

• I have noticed the panning being off in the sampler as well. I thought it must have been something to do with my sample, but I guess not.

• edited February 2016

@soundklinik said:

@FlightManual said:
    The sampler works great with the Beatstep Pro.

Glad to hear that, how do you exactly use it? There are 3 sequencers in BSP.
    Can you use all three sequencers (or at least 2), one for drum machine and other for synth in Modstep?
    Can Modstep have multiple midi channels in?

Can someone confirm time signatures and which ones they are?
    Thanks

You use a combination of the pattern length, active steps and playback speed to get any time signature you want. I've only been using 4/4 so cannot give guidance as to what settings to use

Yes mod step has multi midi device input as well as multi channel on each device

• The general lack of tutorials is really annoying (and silly for the developer), as this is quite a complex app.

• You can do any time signature you want, but it's currently rather clumsy.

Better time signature support is coming. Including tuplet support apparently (which will rock).

• I wish the dev would chime in and give some details about this ^

• edited February 2016

Hi, Benjamin here from modstep. More tutorials are on the way, until then, there is always the manual :) (www.modstep.net/manual). A few comments here on how to achieve different time signatures:

-one Clip consists of up to 256 Steps divided into 16 Patterns. Therefore all time signatures between 1/256 and 256/256 can be achieved by using the Active Step feature. The most common ones can be achieved within one Pattern (which has 16 Steps), and you can also add the Speed Settings per Pattern on top. We will introduce triplets at a later point in time.

@soundklinik : each Track can have a different MIDI Channel/MIDI device input, but you can also choose to set Tracks to receive all MIDI Channels (OMNI) and All Inputs which means that the Track receives from all available MIDI devices. Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions!

BTW, check out a short video of modstep sequencing the Korg minilogue:

• great tutorial video Benjamin, just make it longer when text is displayed, i never read it full before next appeared :)

• edited February 2016

thanks for the info Benjamin, might there be a sidechain comp in the near future, and sample slicer to go with the sampler?

• @AndyPlankton @catamaran regarding the panning issue: could you describe when and how exactly that happens with as much detail as possible and drop us a mail to [email protected]? Cheers!

• @Nerk_
    Thanks for checking in here. 5 star app, 5 star app team

• @Littlewoodg thanks :) @kobamoto : no plans for this yet, but a slicer is something we definitely thought about.

• re: slicer in the drum sampler..... awesome awesome awesome, please let us know about your thoughts about it when you have the time. sample slicers aren't for everyone but a drumsampler without a slicer is kinda like a synth without a filter and I would rather stick within one app and focus on the song rather than hopping around a million apps to slice some samples and then have to go through whatever to import a bunch of slices when they could just be sliced in place, and mod steps environment looks like it would make a really nice new and original take on sample based composition.