Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post your setup

Calling all man cave enthusiasts and audiophiles show your setup.

Comments

• I think we had another one of these threads going already, but I can't find it :( Anyway, here's mine:

• @Tarekith said:
    I think we had another one of these threads going already, but I can't find it :(

There are two big 'uns!

• I love seeing other peoples rigs. You both have clean setups. Mine is a temporary solution. I'm 25 and I bought all my hardware on good sales through the years. Sorry if there was a thread for this, but I did not find it. It's my first post gimme a break :D.

• edited February 2016

Don't really have any overview shots, this man cave/music corner is a constant work in progress.

I'm mainly software (w/ the Blofeld in the first pic). But slapped a tiny wiggly TV stand next to it all last winter, with some random stuff (all synced & hooked up as a "stand-alone groovebox TV stand" lol).

• @ChrisG said:
    Don't really have any overview shots, this man cave/music corner is a constant work in progress.

Nice bunch of gadgets :)

• Yea gotta love gadgets, especially cheap ones. But can't fit anymore on that stand, so the Volca FM will be the last HW purchase this year....I think/hope..

• @ChrisG I am the same way. I am constantly rearanging my setup. In the future I will build my own soundproof room when i'm 45! That's about 20 years away :D .

• @TheMaestro said:
    @ChrisG I am the same way. I am constantly rearanging my setup. In the future I will build my own soundproof room when i'm 45! That's about 20 years away :D .

I currently live in an apartment where I hear everything my neighbors do. Including things like toilet visits, really liking that. So I don't even have any monitors etc up, gotta use the headphones. Oh and I live next to a dog college, so lotsa student apartments w/ dogs here. I really, really love it. Gonna do a bit more research on the next place. ;)

• @ChrisG it's funny you mention that. My neighbor has a beautiful new white lab THAT NEVER SHUTS UP. She loves my dog and sits out there barking trying to get him out to play. I trained my dog and it was hard work. They don't even try. She sits out there for sometimes 2+hours barking! It's maddening.

• edited February 2016

Posted this earlier in a similar thread. Two fx pedals (Hexe Melusine III, Montreal Assembly Count to 5) not shown on this photo have since then joined the rig.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/g1/yijfzpjq0j7m.jpg

• @jooga1972 that is glorious my friend. I'm saving up for some hardware. What would go best with my kaos pro? I was looking at Waldorf analog.

• @TheMaestro said:
    @jooga1972 that is glorious my friend. I'm saving up for some hardware. What would go best with my kaos pro? I was looking at Waldorf analog.

Thanks, that's indeed my happy corner where I tend feel just glorious:) Btw, the most important 'hardware' (if you don't live on your own) is also missing from the picture, and it's my Mrs. Even I'm surprised that she's OK with all that mess in our living room. :)
    As for Waldorf analog, the Pulse 2 (shown above the microkorg) is an excellent piece of gear, very stable, has paraphony/faux polyphony, sounds great, built like a tank, made in Germany, affordable pricing, small footprint.

• @jooga1972 said:
    Posted this earlier in a similar thread. Two fx pedals (Hexe Melusine III, Montreal Assembly Count to 5) not shown on this photo have since then joined the rig.

Yum! How are all of those pedals integrated? Patchbay or are they generally fixed inline with certain instruments?

• @jooga1972 said:

wow lol thats amazing! I wouldn't even know where to begin. I keep buying and selling different gear cause i cant have too much round me otherwise i don't get anything done.

• @TheMaestro said:

Machine Mikro was my first love lol. Thats how i started with music production. I still miss it to tthis day

• @Noirflux said:

@TheMaestro said:

Machine Mikro was my first love lol. Thats how i started with music production. I still miss it to tthis day

@Noirflux I have had that bad boy since 2010/11. It's the first one they released with the orange pads. Not that multi colored taste the rainbow skittles shit they are pushing these days. It still works great and so does my kaos pro. Had them both for about five years.

• @TheMaestro said:
    @ChrisG it's funny you mention that. My neighbor has a beautiful new white lab THAT NEVER SHUTS UP. She loves my dog and sits out there barking trying to get him out to play. I trained my dog and it was hard work. They don't even try. She sits out there for sometimes 2+hours barking! It's maddening.

Yep, that's definitely an issue here as well. Teenage girls with a new dog, living away from home & their parents for the first time. No clue how to raise or handle dogs. Usually don't seem to care either. So usually you have a dog or two in each entrance, barking non-stop every day/night for hours on end. If it gets too bad the landlords & the school usually takes care of it though (otherwise me & the other residents would be in mental institutions by now).

• @TheMaestro said:

@Noirflux said:

@TheMaestro said:

@Noirflux I have had that bad boy since 2010/11. It's the first one they released with the orange pads. Not that multi colored taste the rainbow skittles shit they are pushing these days. It still works great and so does my kaos pro. Had them both for about five years.
    lol I've been so tempted to buy it agin but I started using Ableton a lot more so trying to limit my software count. IOS apps are a different story. I have more apps then i can count lol

• @syrupcore said:

@jooga1972 said:

Yum! How are all of those pedals integrated? Patchbay or are they generally fixed inline with certain instruments?

No patchbay, I have a couple of fx boxes hooked up to each intstrument and feed them into the soundcards on individual channels.

• @Noirflux said:

@jooga1972 said:

wow lol thats amazing! I wouldn't even know where to begin. I keep buying and selling different gear cause i cant have too much round me otherwise i don't get anything done.

True, having too many knobs can be distractive and can hinder the creational flow. To avoid this I usually focus on one or two synths at a time and record the next song using only those. I used to entertain the notion of using each and every instrument I own in every song because that's obviously the reason I bought them, then realized that temporarily abandoning this or that synth doesn't really hurt and that often times less is more. With all this gear I have used up all the available space and I'm kinda glad I have because this will force me to sell something if I want something new.

• @DD829 said:
    Apogee Duet and a pair of Neuman Mics. Jbl monitors and a acoustic guitar.

You sure won't be needing much artificial reverb there!

• edited February 2016

Just an observation, but I love the way the Audiobus forum seems like the home of discussing all things iOS music - and also hardware. (But not desktop software.)

It's like hardware and iOS apps have some sort of connection.

• @ChrisG this is what I did for the barking. I placed one of my monitor on the patio. Cranked the gain and played a siren that sounds like a tornado siren on my keyboard. It was a short term solution. They have been out of town recently, so I haven't had to listen to that ECHOING WOOF WOOF all day and night. I'm sure I just jinxed myself. She'll be back tomorrow morning now watch.

• @jooga1972 don't have to worry about a Mrs. If I do ever get married I'll be looking for a chick who loves audio. Been with a few who liked it because I did. I want a women who's smart and loves audio. I could buy someone I care about a $300+ piece of hardware for a change lol. Instead of hearts and flowers, cords and power.

• @jooga1972 said:
    No patchbay, I have a couple of fx boxes hooked up to each intstrument and feed them into the soundcards on individual channels.

Cheers. I've been lately been getting back into fixed fx chains (vs trying to route everything via mixer sends). I plug the chains into my patch bay though so that I can more easily swap which instrument is feeding which chain. Been working pretty well!

• @ChrisG said:
    I currently live in an apartment where I hear everything my neighbors do. Including things like toilet visits, really liking that. So I don't even have any monitors etc up, gotta use the headphones. Oh and I live next to a dog college, so lotsa student apartments w/ dogs here. I really, really love it. Gonna do a bit more research on the next place. ;)

Two weeks after we moved into our new apartment, they built a playground 30 feet from my studio window. I feel your pain.

• @TheMaestro said:
    @jooga1972 don't have to worry about a Mrs. If I do ever get married I'll be looking for a chick who loves audio. Been with a few who liked it because I did. I want a women who's smart and loves audio. I could buy someone I care about a $300+ piece of hardware for a change lol. Instead of hearts and flowers, cords and power.

Smart and loves audio? Sounds like my Mrs. :) (btw, was married twice before and looks like I'm about to make the same 'mistake' again later this year... :) ). Not only she likes (most of) the stuff I do, but she's very straightforward when it comes to criticism. I just love when (on rare occasions :) ) she says "This track sucks, my dear." :)

@syrupcore said:

@jooga1972 said:

Cheers. I've been lately been getting back into fixed fx chains (vs trying to route everything via mixer sends). I plug the chains into my patch bay though so that I can more easily swap which instrument is feeding which chain. Been working pretty well!

Hm, I guess I should take a look at the patchbay solution. Swapping instruments between fx easily would be great. Thanks for the hint!

• edited February 2016

@Tarekith said:

@ChrisG said:

Two weeks after we moved into our new apartment, they built a playground 30 feet from my studio window. I feel your pain.

Haha that's just great. Right now I wish I had the financial status where I could just pick and choose a nice house somewhere. Living in apartments is starting to get slightly old. Every single apartment I've had have been more or less a nightmare (from a musician perspective so to speak). :(

Lol @TheMaestro , well I mean if it works it works.