Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fleksi - Promised Land (live jam video)

Usual suspects: loopy, Samplr, Turnado, TS and sunrizer. This was made literally in 10 mins between dropping my daughter at the nursery and leaving for work. You can probably tell the tension from the music.

Many of the samples in this sample set were made with Korg Gadget. I drew notes on the timeline and then did some more random drawing for every synth parameter bar pitch and volume. They produce kinda glitchy results when played in arp mode in Samplr.

Comments

• @supadom Ah, you are a master of your craft sir. Bloody brilliant! Too many highlights & I love all the sounds you make, especially from that drum pad. I was getting dizzy trying to keep up with all your tweaking, turning, warping etc but it's inspiring to watch & something to simply admire. That your work & tune forces me to throw a huge dance party in my living room (well, ok, only me here at the mo) is the cherry on the top. Ace! :smiley:

• inspiring.

If this is you feeling tense, I want more. But don't overdo it, keep your heart healthy.

• edited February 2016

B)

Are you running Impaktor on a separate device (the one that was sitting on the drum pad)?

• Cheers @Bluepunk I think muscle memory has a lot to do with it. I purposefully kept my rig the same so I can get used to it to the point where my brain doesn't have to stop and think where things are.

@Hmtx as long as I get enough sleep Mr ticker should be ok.

Yep @lukesleepwalker impaktor lives on the 5c magnetically attached to the epad. It fools me into thinking of it as an instrument per se. Funny I didn't even have it turned on or even hooked up at the start of the jam so I had to cut out a couple of minutes from the video where I plug the thing in and scroll through patches to get the right sound while playing a pad on the sunrizer trying to fool the audience no actual drama is happening.

• Superb.

Very inspiring as people have said.

TS = ?

I love the part near the end where you appear to stop almost everything for a beat. How's that done?

Certainly one of my favourite of your videos. The Gadget sound samples in Samplr are great. [Brilliant idea which I want to steal :).]

• I had to listen to this one more time and subscribe to your YouTube finally :smiley:

• Thats a well WELL done live performance.!!!
    Awesome the way you have all that setup.

• edited February 2016

great @supadom
    esp. your voice and how you integrate it, reminds me the band UNDERWORLD....

move on, dude

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 TS = tone stack for the guitar. I really like that 'stop almost everything for a beat' thing too. I have one pad on beatstep bound to mute all in loopy so when I press it I only have Samplr running which often is just some rhythmical glitchiness. Also Samplr can be independently stopped by the stop button on beatstep but because the start button also engages beatstep's sequencer I normally stop and restart the whole session rhythmically and that restarts Samplr bringing back all the guns blazing. Quick restart also resets Turnado which sometimes goes wonky on me.

@Hmtx cheers, the more the merrier!

@Aphex I find it extremely powerful yet self contained. My gearjunkie brain wants to add stuff to it, like volkas or microbrute but to be honest Samplr and Sunrizer combo kind of make up for it and more. There's also another flavour coming from impaktor which is great for rhythmical stuff, effects and basses. And the box, yeah I'm really proud of it ;)

@obiwahnkentobi cheers man. This version went a little wonky vocally but somehow after layering enough parts on top the out of tuneness isn't as glaring. Kind of heard of underworld were they big in the late 90's? I'll check them out.

• edited February 2016
  • Underworld...

One of my answers to the 'which artists got you into making music' thread that went round a while back.

Dubnobasswithmyheadman was seminal for me at the time... Plus seeing them live, turning a gig into a rave.

• Yeah, @obiwahnkentobi I can see the similarities albeit underworld seems a bit darker. Personally I don't listen to stuff like that other than while playing video games or driving ;).

I do like it though and find that it is great to use the whole spectrum of vibes as long as the groove is solid.

So @Matt_Fletcher_2000 have you tried that randomised gadget idea? I actually got it from someone on the forum but I think they only used the effects automation that gave it effectrix-like results.