Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 1.1 update is coming

Just saw a sneak preview posted on the auriaapp.com forum. Looks pretty good! Sorry I don't know how to link it here.

Comments

• No midi though! Dev says it is still in the works though.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10645&start=17

• Actually, there will be some midi clocking capabilities, but not a full midi implementation:

Auria 1.10:

• Added MIDI Sync support with MTC, MMC and MIDI Clock options
    • Added the ability to pass MIDI data the plugins
    • Added MIDI remote control for controlling Auria with Mackie MCU and HUI control surfaces
    • Added full MIDI MTC chase capability
    • Mixdown e-mail option
    • Added clip-based gain handle
    • Added icon bar
    • Added Delete All Automation on Track function
    • Added "Link Locators and Highlight" option
    • Added higher resolution grid lines when in bars:beats mode
    • Added Load from snapshot if project fails to load
    • Added snap to locators, markers and highlight
    • Added tempo and time signature adjustments from the edit screen
    • Reorganized settings screen into separate pages
    • Various bug fixes

Note: This won't be the "MIDI version" of Auria - that's still coming. But we're getting closer.

• @funjunkie27. Thanks for posting the link!

• I'm excited about the new mix down to email! No more iTunes.

• Midi sync is going to rule. Ohai drum machines and loopy, how are you?

• So awesome. Honestly this is all the midi in Auria I need. Wonderful.

• I don't really understand all the midi stuff but the icon bar looks way cool! Of course I love any bar!

• +1 @boone51.... MTC would be huge but I wonder if any other apps will support it.

• Mackie / HUI is a big deal. Motorized fader boxes now work with Auria. Pretty much all of them implement both those protocols. Even Behringer have one at the bottom end - the BCF2000 at around $250 - that implements both protocols. Or you can go upscale, even t the point of having all the analog and ADAT I/O in the same box. Also Makes my UC-33e more useful at mix time, not just at knobby time, even though the faders are not motorized.

• korg nanokontrol 2 implements Mackie / HUI

• Huzzzzzah! I missed "Link Locators and Highlight" (a much loved feature from ProTools aka "link timeline and edit selection") in my excitement over midi sync. So. Awesome.

Plus, I've decided to take credit for MIDI sync. Even if @rim did all of the work. :) http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10596&p=23047#p23047

The last 4 or 5 Auria updates have seriously brought it. High five @rim.

• Some really nice additions in there that'll keep moving Auria forward.

• @syrupcore - what do link locators and highlights do?

• That toolbar is certainly going to speed things up, no menu drop downs for simple tasks. It continuously gets better and better!

• Thank you @funjunkie27. What he said. I have been trying to figure it out too. I'm not a pro so I haven't used this feature in another app yet (or I don't think I have).

• @funjunkie27 and @boone checkout this pro tools video:

• Very nice, but really any news about some performance improvements??

• Brilliant @syrupcore. Thanks for that. Very helpful feature. Looking forward to the update.

• Thanks for that @syrupcore. That would help streamline the process. I imagine regions need to be defined initially...right?

@manuhz - I haven't seen anything related to performance improvements so far. In fact, I'm hoping the updates don't necessitate having to upgrade to an iPad 7!

• @spacedog - thankds, I have one of those too, though I've been using it for MIDI voliume based mixing. Since I use Auria for the audio pathway, that'l help a lot - currently rely on MidiBridge to maP IT.

• Nice work Rim, can't wait for the upgrade

• edited June 2013

• No news about 1.1 update yet? Eagerly waiting...

• Update is here and looking good

• This update has been awesome for me. Not sure if anyone else out there is loving it as much as I am, but had a great weekend in Auria/Audiobus land. Good times.

• @Boone51 which iPad do you have?

• iPad 2. Don't ask me to explain how my iPad 2 appears to not have most of the bajillion issues with Auria everyone is reporting but I just don't really experience it. Then most of my recordings are not very synth heavy so really only using the midi stuff to sync up some backing drum tracks (not dm1 obviously).

• @boone51 You're using midi stuff successfully with Auria to sync up backing drum tracks? Would you please go to http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1478/the-state-of-midi-clock-synchronization-between-apps#Item_1 and weigh in on what you are doing to make this work? There are a lot of us (myself especially) that would like to know what you are doing and how you are doing it.

--Sean