Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB issue with networkMidi

Hi. Ijust encountered the weirdest thing with latest Audiobus and my Network Midi setup:

MacBook (Yosemite) sets up an adhoc network for Midicontrol of ios Apps through LogicX. All is working fine, as long as I have the Apps on the concerning iPad (Air/Air2) open standalone (Mimix/Filtatron/Bitwiz etc.). As soon, as I insert them into Audiobus, the Network connection to the iPad gets lost (AudioMidiSetup tells me so). If I unplug the App in question from Audiobus again, a stable connection is again established. It's okay to have Audiobus open, but the Midiconnection through Network gets lost the moment, Apps are running inside Audiobus... Especially in the case of Mimix, this is frustrating, since it only makes sense to me (in this setup), having control of vol/pan INSIDE Audiobus.

Not a big thing, but noticed while experimenting around with it.
Maybe @Sebastian or @Michael could look into it? Man, it took me 2days to figure out, what's the culprit, resetting networksettings, restarts, erasing preferences etc., the whole procedure...

-Yosemite, LogicProX, Audiobus, ios9 all latest versions, also the corresponding Apps, it seems to be an AB-problem?!?

Thanks for any idea/help,
cheers, t

Comments

• I take the liberty of a bump, didn't get any response. @Sebastian @Michael did you see my post, and any chance you look into it? It sure would be appreciated, thanks, cheers, t

• @animal Audiobus doesn't control MIDI as far as I know so it seems it would an iOS, IAA, or issue with the apps involved or OSX. If you haven't already, you might want to try setting up the apps in Audiobus first and then try to do network MIDI. It does sound like a difficult situation to resolve as you have quite a few variables involved in the setup. Another thing you might try is to isolate the source of the problem is to see if you can get another MIDI app to work in Audiobus with your OSX network MIDI setup. With El Capitan, I've been able to use various MIDI apps with an iPad Air 2 directly connected via the Lightning USB cable including GaragageBand, Ableton Live, and Main Stage 3.

• @Paul: thank you for your reply. I did everything I thought of during the last 10 days. The issue only arises when Apps are plugged into Audiobus, while with every App I tried standalone, it works flawlessly... Thanks again though, it's friendly of you to answer and try to help, guess I shouldn't bother further, cheers, t

• @animal said:
    @Paul: thank you for your reply. I did everything I thought of during the last 10 days. The issue only arises when Apps are plugged into Audiobus, while with every App I tried standalone, it works flawlessly... Thanks again though, it's friendly of you to answer and try to help, guess I shouldn't bother further, cheers, t

Is Link enabled in AB?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@animal said:
    @Paul: thank you for your reply. I did everything I thought of during the last 10 days. The issue only arises when Apps are plugged into Audiobus, while with every App I tried standalone, it works flawlessly... Thanks again though, it's friendly of you to answer and try to help, guess I shouldn't bother further, cheers, t

Is Link enabled in AB?

One quick, off topic question: should AB be recognized as a link enable device or it works just as bus? Because when I load just one link enabled app it will say that there are no other linked devices

• @lukesleepwalker: yes, I think it's enabled. Will try again with link off. Thank you!, something I did not think of... (Link off....think of, lalalaa(nice rhyme)), cheers, t

• @mschenkel.it said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@animal said:

Is Link enabled in AB?

One quick, off topic question: should AB be recognized as a link enable device or it works just as bus? Because when I load just one link enabled app it will say that there are no other linked devices

No, Audiobus will not be recognized as a link enabled app.

• @lukesleepwalker: just tried with link un-abled, and it's still the same. Everything works until I insert whatever App into Audiobuschain(tried with Noatikl, Cyclop, Turnado, Sector, Mimix, Filtatron, Bitwiz, iFretless Bass/Brass/Sax, etc.). This happens all the time, and the connection is again stable, as soon as an App is ejected from Audiobus, and open standalone. Well, maybe it'll help somebody else when trying a similar setup.

Thanks again for chiming in, cheers, t

• Is this happening with Wifi and a Windows machine?

• @animal said:
    Hi. Ijust encountered the weirdest thing with latest Audiobus and my Network Midi setup:

MacBook (Yosemite)

-Yosemite, LogicProX, Audiobus, ios9 all latest versions, also the corresponding Apps, it seems to be an AB-problem?!?

• @BiancaNeve said:

@animal said:

MacBook (Yosemite)

Huh, then I don't have a suggestion. I can't reproduce this here.

• That's even weirder. @Sebastian: does this mean, you have a midi network over Wlan, through a Mac and into an iPad running stable (with Apps inside Audiobus receiving Midi)?
    That would mean there's something really wrong with my machine, I guess...

• My latest findings: If (and as long as)I have an established Bluetooth-connection Audiobus to Audiobus Remote (on a second device), the WLAN network midi is stable. As soon, as the Bluetooth connection is severed, AudioMidiSetup tells me about having lost WLAN Midi Network connection-... (all of this, like before, just when using Audiobus, all Apps work fine standalone... . Cheers, t