Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you use wavetables from SERUM, etc. in Nave or PPG apps? Is there a way?

Just curious, because the Internet has diarrhea of Serum wavetables. There's thousands of them.

Comments

• edited February 2016

I recently purchased the Galbanum Architecture Wavetable set , which is apparently compatible with Serum .
    (Edit:The waveform data is 2048 samples per waveform, 32-bit float format ,up to 256 singlecycles . )//

I successfully loaded into Nave via ITunes , & the wavetables can be used , but annoyingly ANY wavetable loaded becomes named " Custom Wavetable " so it is difficult to keep track of what wavetables you eventually use . I requested on Waldorf FB that imported wavetables could display their filename , i ask other users to do the same or Nave dev directly if they can.

I had problems with PPG Wavemapper ; they do not load in the analyser . I have also always had problems with single cycle wavs trying to load into Wavemapper or Wavegenerator.

I was thinking of buying Poseidon for the newly added import feature , until I read it was buggy . I would welcome other users comments on this .

Whilst not seen as a wavetable synth I found Grainscience loaded the wavetables & worked well .

above info were initial tests , havent had time to use regularly so may be mistaken.

• @Wally you can load WAV files into Poseidon and convert them into wave tables for use in presets. The first update with this had issues, but it was quickly updated and works now.

• @Paul thanks for poseidon update .

• @Paul said:
    @Wally you can load WAV files into Poseidon and convert them into wave tables for use in presets. The first update with this had issues, but it was quickly updated and works now.

And you can name them clearly.

I still prefer Nave.

Wolfgang apps only do ITunes so that bums me out.

• I haven't tried my WaveTables in Nave or PPG yet but from info that I've picked up creating for my desktop synths, Audio Term for Desktop Windows, can convert and resynth to various formats, PPG Wavegenerator and Wavemapper being one, but it used to limit the number of frames, also the naming convention for the wts file has to be lower case I believe.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Wolfgang apps only do ITunes so that bums me out.

PPG WaveMapper now supports AudioShare. Looks like AIFF format only (based on my tries) but in AudioShare you can convert easily.

So I figured how to import waves in Nave and WaveMapper, but results seem to be more consistent in WaveMapper. You bring audio in, hit “make WT” and it makes a sound resembling your source material. I tried to use the same and couple of other audio files in Nave, but they don’t sound remotely like the original source. I saw a guy on YouTube who imported organ sound and it sounded pretty similar to his source. So, not sure if I’m doing something wrong or what. Anyone has similar experience?