Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sunrizer refuses to be controlled by midi.

Ok so I've had this problem across two different iPhones so I'm wondering at this point if it's a bug or I have somehow missed something
Basically I wanna control sunrizer with soundprism pro. I open sunrizer, turn on background audio, then make sure the midi in is set to omni. Then I open soundprism, check the midi settings and make sure it sends out to sunrizer, then mute soundprism. Then i play a note in soundprism and....nothing. No sunrizer sound. So I go back to sunrizer and if i do it quickly I can hear the tail end of the note when I go back to sunrizer as though background audio was not on but it was! Any ideas?

Comments

• edited February 2016

I just tried this on my iPod Touch 5G (iOS v7.1.2). You're right: you can't hear Sunrizer when you're in SoundPrism. Same problem with Xynthesizr.

Workaround: load Sunrizer in the input slot of Audiobus. This will force background audio on. Apparently the background audio BUTTON is broken, but not the actual function.

• Do you still recommend pushing the button?

• Never mind it works!!! Thank you so much I've been searching for this answer on and off for the past year and could never even find the issue mentioned anywhere. I just noticed this forum had this support section today. Love this place. Sunrizer tunes will ensue.

• I wish BeepStreet would update SunrizerXS to have the UI on par with the iPad app and VST plugin as well as have backwards compatibility with all the newer effects and filters added. The bugs also need to be fixed. I've tweeted at them plenty of times since the iPhone 5 came out and haven't received any sort of response. It's unfortunate since Sunrizer is one of my absolutely favorite synths and it's what got me into synthesis in the first place.

• Agreed. Their web support is completely unresponsive. I tried it twice in regards to this. Nothing. Kind of gave up on the app for a while cause I hate the keyboard in it. Glad I asked here. I always liked the sound of sunrizer

• I don't know about web support, but he always answers email. I mentioned this thread to him, so he knows about the issue. I think the priority right now is getting his new monosynth, Dagger, ported to iOS.

• this is a known bug...I too had the same issue ...just deleted the app

• Thank you @dokwok2 - that helped me resolve an issue I was having where I was testing out various apps' responsiveness to MIDI sent from Auria Pro. Some apps responded without an audio track, like Animoog, iSEM - others. But some like Sunrizer seemed unresponsive. When loaded as an IAA instrument, or sent via Audiobus, then it's fine. I learned a lesson from that. Instead of just testing one thing (the MIDI), I needed to test what I would actually do, which is not only to send the MIDI but also record the audio. Duh! :blush:

• Sunrizer refuses, Sunrizer prefers, Sunrizer wonders, Sunrizer needs

• @rhcball said:
    Sunrizer refuses, Sunrizer prefers, Sunrizer wonders, Sunrizer needs

a bit of TLC

• Also it's now completely unusable on an iPhone 6s. Crashes at regular intervals

• @t0dk0n said:
    I wish BeepStreet would update SunrizerXS to have the UI on par with the iPad app and VST plugin as well as have backwards compatibility with all the newer effects and filters added. The bugs also need to be fixed. I've tweeted at them plenty of times since the iPhone 5 came out and haven't received any sort of response. It's unfortunate since Sunrizer is one of my absolutely favorite synths and it's what got me into synthesis in the first place.

after he ports over Dagger synth to ios he said he plans on making both Dagger and Sunrizer AU instruments.

• @db909 said:
    Also it's now completely unusable on an iPhone 6s. Crashes at regular intervals

Well, that's an unpleasant surprise.
    I haven't used it in a few weeks, but you are absolutely correct; it is all fouled up.

• Damn shame too. It was one hell of a synth. I'd say it's powerful sound and fun to program nature were partly responsible for my current confidence in sound design. RIP.

• RIP ? !?!?!?! Still working fine for me otherwise than the glitchlet with BG audio - at least on iPads. Is this an iPhone 6 thing only that you are concerned about?

• Yeah it's the iPhone version

• @db909 said:
    Yeah it's the iPhone version

Well, that's somewhat good news; I am also running it on an iPad. Still hope the problem gets sorted out soon, though.