Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finding proper Drum VST with sequencer for input in Audiobus

Hi Guys, I am finding drum VST apps and put it in input of Audiobus. The apps like DM1 is a good drum apps, but I found out the drum sound is more on the tecno part, it is not so suitable for rock song (please correct me if I am wrong). And there are few drum apps out there where the drum sound are amazing, but they didn't come with the sequencer, they required user to record it live and no way for you to edit the beat (since I am not a drummer, it would be hard for me). Eventually, GarageBand has meet my requirement, but the drum sound is a bit lost, so I am here to ask for alternative. Actually I am looking for something like EZ Drummer in Windows.

Thanks
Best regards

Comments

• edited June 2013

I really like Stochastic. The drum probability feature makes it unique. It will also get an Audiobus update among other things this month.

• Drumjam and Stochastic would be my choices.

• That's right, good drum apps are very rare, and no one has top quality.
    I've been using BFD for about ten years now, hoping that something similar gets into the iOS world, even in a "lite" form.

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Drum beats + and drumloops HD are awesome for real drum loops! Drumloops hd has several intros and fills too. Can't program them but they sound great!

• Drum loops is good but it needs background audio and ability to switch to fills more intuitively.

• Drum Beats+ works for me so far for real drum sounds.

• I really don't understand why Toontrack hasn't developed something for iOS yet.

• If you have Beatmaker 2... I have a kickass custom set with loops and editing functions you can just download.

• Derek Buddemeyer Beatmaker 2 custom drum kit with loops: Add this file to your Dropbox, then open BM2, go to Dropbox inside the app...open the DB DRUM FOLDER AND MOVE THE 2 folders along with the.bm2k file over to BM2. When it's done transferring, add keyboard sampler instrument and choose DB Popstudio. Go to track and hit the plus sign to add midi...choose DB pop and your grooves and fills will be there. After that you can add another track with the same sampler and add cymbals or accents without distorting the original midi track... Enjoy
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5tuu5387k0ulqq/FhfJLSrT1N

• I'm new to this whole ipad DAW thing and correct me if I am wrong but the drum situation seems to be what is holding it all back. There is no slate drums 4, EZ drummer, Addictive Drums, BFD type drum app that links up to a sequencer and gives you great audiobus support. Someone say I'm wrong please...It is also hard to find a good midi sequencer that lets you step off grid to create human feeling drums in an ipad. Beatmaker 2 seems to snap to something like 1/96 which still aint gonna get you anywhere near James Brown or J-Dilla....It seems that garageband now lets you go off grid. This means you might be able to use that and then send stuff over into Auria and beef it up in drumagog...

• +1 on DerekBuddemeyer's drum set for BM2!

• @MANAWANGA, check out DrumStudio.

• Thanks, Derek
    Any news on that drum app you're involved with?