Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Notes/presets/snapshots in DAWs

I don't recall seeing any Notes functionality in any of the iOS DAWs and wondering if I may have missed it. The desire is to have a Notes function that would allow me to detail all setups for a specific recording. A preset would even be better, but that would dictate pulling config data from all other apps being used. I hate getting something set up and later not being able to reproduce the same config. I also wondered whether that was the intent in requesting presets in AB, or if that was strictly to capture the other apps desired for I/effects/O slots without actually configuring each of the apps.

Comments

• Great idea.

One technique I use in the meantime: just snap screen shots of all your apps as you get them going and dialed in. If later I'm having a hard time reproducing a sound or remembering, I can check when my song was made, do a quick search for pictures taken at that same time and get basic details from the screenshots. Screenshots are super easy to do and don't take away from the flow of music, whereas typing out setup details is such a drain.

• @funjunkie27 The presets request was just about being able to store favourite setups for input, effects and output apps.

• Thanks @Hmtx. I always tend to forget about the iOS snapshot function, and I agree that typing out notes breaks the flow.

• I would love to have a notes section within these iOS daws.