Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gave up on Midi, trying the Sampling route.....

As the midi lanscape on IOS is in its infancy and the processing power is relatively limited I thought I would give sampling into BM2 a go.

I have been using iPhone 5 and I am having a lot of fun, getting more structure to my tracks and I even think I prefer BM2 on iPhone to iPad as I can hold it in both hands without fatigue and on this occasion on the sun lounger in the back garden :)

I used BM2 to control apps via midi like Alchemy or Sampletank and once I get the arrangement how I want it I sample the app via Audiobus and use BM2's keyboard instrument to play the sound back freeing up processing power as I go.

This is a new approach for me and I have only done 1 track so far but i cant beleive how quickly i built the basics of a full track. Its been my most slickest and successful approach yet to music production using just IOS eg: no external hardware or instruments.

I am now importing the track to Auria for mixing, polishing etc...

Anyone have any tips for transferring tracks from BM2 on iPhone to Auria on iPad ?

Also is there a way to sync iPhone & iPad versions of BM2.....I would ask on the Intua Forum but it tells me 'Sorry, Permission Denied' since they updated the site.

Comments

• Use ifunbox Dave... But make sure you double check your transfers- I've had empty folders in the past

• Dropbox is your friend here, surely. Mix it into separate tracks and import into Auria. Not sure about synching but, again, use dropbox?

• edited June 2013

@DaveMagoo I do the same just using ACP with a pit stop in AudioShare for sonoma. Export each track to separate wave.

• @dubhausdisco thanks will try it although i am trying to keep away from the laptop ;)

@Ian Dropbox is great but sooooo sloooww....maybe it's my router...

@Ryan sounds like the quickest option but can you only copy and paste one track at a time with BM2 pasteboard or am I missing something ?

Wondered if there was a program like FileZilla on ipad ? This would be great to copy from iPhone, anyone know of one ?

• @Ryan just gave it a go and it's works quickly doing 1 sample at a time.

I then open them up in file browser, save to my network drive and open on ipad.

Wish BM2 had iCloud syncing of both iPhone and ipad.

• Sean at iosmusician did an article about this a while back, check it out.

• @dubhausdisco thanks that was a good article....some other good BM2 ones especially the one about automation :)

It appears BM2 backs up to icloud but doesn't sync apps across devices via icloud which is no problem but would be an awesome feature to keep everything....erm...in sync and altogether slicker.