Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wondering about Animoog as a controller for iVCS3.

Hey there,

Lately I've been falling in love with Animoog as a controller and iVCS3 looks like a beast of a modular synth, but iVCS3 as a controller itself does seem to suck.

I love the idea of the function of the joystick for example, but it doesn't work as a skeumorphic 3d lever for me. It would work as a pad maybe, but not like this. Feels really gimmicky.

And on the flip side I think that Animoog really got the idea of what a touch-controller needs to do (and look like).

So I got some questions:

Would it be easy to set up Animoog as an extensive controller of iVCS, including polypressure information?

Would it be possible to use the Animoog controller mods (mod strips, lfo and mod envelopes) to controll iVCS3?
Ex: Use an LFO and an envelope curve programmed to the polypressure midi data to controll parameters on the iVCS3?

Does iVCS3 permit some advanced MIDI set up? Like being able to control the X and Y of the hoystick with some other MIDI information, like the X and Y of Animoog controller?

If someone has both apps and can answer this for me it would really answer the question "Should I buy iVCS3 or not?" for me.

Thanks!

Comments

• iVCS3 does have advanced midi control settings. I was recently testing an xbox controller as a joystick for it (via a pc app) I don't yet have the midi out for animoog yet to test though. iVCS3 is definitely worth it if you are into experimenting at all :)

• @Carnbot said:
    iVCS3 does have advanced midi control settings. I was recently testing an xbox controller as a joystick for it (via a pc app) I don't yet have the midi out for animoog yet to test though. iVCS3 is definitely worth it if you are into experimenting at all :)

Thanks!

Certainly going to try that then.

• Probably you already know it but you can control the joystick with the accelerometer.
    Generally speaking poly after touch is a supercool feature ITB but I found myself having some hard times trying to get it out since you need some poly parameters which will accept per note CC as velocity