Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LH Rubbing

edited June 2013 in General App Discussion

No, not what you are thinking but a new free polysynth! Don't know why the unusual name, but it is quite a versatile and powerful synth, and yet very accessible with a single parameter page. It has some great features such as 3 oscillators, PWM, the ability to control LFO 1 rate and amount from LFO2 and a touchpad which uses the top half of the screen to control various selectable parameters. No AB as yet but worth a look.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lh-rubbing/id652348001?mt=8

Comments

• And it's free ;)

• Another couple of plus points - moving your finger on the keys introduces an extra vibrato, and the touchpad movements are recordable, allowing you to set up complex modulation patterns. On the negative side, it glitches if you play too fast and presets take a while to load.

But then it is free....

• I recall hearing about this the other day then forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder @PhilW. Just downloaded it.

• The LH in the synth name is the developer's initials; Liu Hao (pronounced Leo How). I'm not sure about the rubbing part, perhaps it has to do with the vibrato.

• Yes, probably, but he most likely did not realise what else this could be interpreted as....

• I've already saved a couple new presets. Yes the rubbing of the keys causes a vibrato effect! I was really enjoying playing around with it, but now my left hand has a cramp! I'll have to stop posting right now, cause I've suddenly gone blind!!!

• Maybe he will release a RH Rubbing app to help with this problem...