Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer plus Nanostudio clip

edited May 2013 in Creations

Created using midi file from Different Drummer loaded into Nanostudio then adding lead using the Eden synth.

Comments

• Wow the cymbals sound pretty darn good. Never thought of getting DD but now my trigger finger is gettn itchy.

• @Mythmongrel Those cymbals are a part of one of the default Nanostudio kits, not DD.

• Oh duh! Thanks @syrupcore! I just watched the soundtestroom YT demo and I'm gonna pass on DD as its too random for my use. Cool app though. I suppose I'll have to look at nanostudio now; does it ever end? Don't answer that.

• @Mythmongrel NanoStudio is really awesome. You won't be disappointed. Unless you want to record audio into it, then you might be disappointed.. Other wise.. Excellent app.

It's been a general consensus that DD is still overpriced for what it does for the average iOS musician. It used to be $600 from what i recall. lol Can't blame the dev really this is the kind of app only 1/10000 musicians would find useful on a regular basis. For those few people it's worth $600. :-)) @funjunkie27 lucked out. :-P

• Yes, the sounds are all NS. My struggle (and others, from what I heard) was trying to find ways to make DD work musically, but I'm getting a bit more comfortable with it now and find that the midi side opens that door for me.

It took a while before I realized that NS didn't support audio recording, other than for samples, and was disappointed with that, but after I took a closer look, it is a great app!