Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM1 stops playback when activating app, while MIDI-slave to Loopy

Hi,

Running iPad Air 2 with newest ios update.

As the headline states - When having DM1 as a midi-slave to Loopy HD, the app stops playback when I open/activate the app. Loopy settings: Clock source: virtual midi, Clock destinations: virtual midi. IAAS disabled.
DM1 receives midi-tempo from Loopy.

Also, I am unable to get the sync to work stably. DM1 lags behind or runs ahead of loopy. Sometimes, after several times hitting pause-play in loopy to re-start the sync, it works ok.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Have you tried the both the Link apps? DM1 is a bit of a pain. I use Funkbox, or Patterning. But Funkbox is more reliable if you want the old drum box sound.

• I have had same issue actually - last night.

Don't remember details, I do know I closed out of DM1 though after 2nd time to use Patterning and D Perf Pro

• edited January 2016

thanks for the hint, Studs1966. I purchased Patterning, link it through ableton and it works flawlessly so far. nice interface too! :)