Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria to Audiobus to TwistedWave

I do voiceovers, and I like the editing capabilities of TwistedWave. I'm trying to take advantage of the superior eq in Auria by connecting Auria to TwistedWave via Audiobus, allowing me the best of both worlds. So far I'm getting no signal into TwistedWave, either with prerecorded or live audio from Auria. Any advice?

Comments

• Works here, did you press record on twisted wave ?

• Yes. Manually (in TwistedWave). And via the little Audiobus remote. I get a recording, but no level...just a flat line.

• have you tried going via a sub out in auria and selecting that submix as the input in audiobus?

• Before I do that, how do I select the input into audiobus? I've done nothing about that, I assumed it was a default setting.

• Presently there's a healthy level leaving the Auria master out.

• You have to go to the input matrix, switch to audiobus setting and then you can pick your inputs!

• Sorry misread your post about input into audio bus. How do you have your audiobus setup? What's in input and output?

• If I'm playing back Auria, with the intention of recording on TwistedWave, why would I fiddle with the Auria inputs? (By the way, I just changed the Auria inputs and it didn't change anything.)

• Just saw your comment. If you mean the Audiobus graphic showing Input-Effects-Output, I have Auria on the input, TwistedWave on the output. Backwards?

• I thinks so you want to record in twisted or auria?

• Record Twisted. Playback Auria.

• I'm not familiar with twistedwave so I'm not sure what your trying to do.

• TwistedWave is a very simple single track recording setup for iPad. Perfect for voiceovers, and the editing is very quick and easy. The only thing it doesn't have is decent eq/compression. So I thought I'd record into Auria with it's superior eq, and edit on TwistedWave.

• Make that record THROUGH Auria.

• I'm not sure you can do that, record thru that is. I just tried with auria in the input and cubasis in the out put hit record on both and it only recorded in auria. Then I could play it into cubasis and record it.

• I've tried recording into Auria, then playing back into Audiobus/TwistedWave. No signal arriving in TwistedWave. Could it be that this isn't what Auria was designed to do?

By the way, thanks to all for weighing in on this.

• I just did that with auria and cubasis so it's probably a matter of getting your inputs and outputs set right within each of the apps. Auria has input and an output matrix under menu, not sure about twisted.

• In the Audiobus app, when you scroll through the input list you'll see little arrow next to Auria. Tap that arrow to select a submix output.

• Got it. Thanks to Syrupcore, and Bootsy who kept bugging me to check the Auria output matrix. I simply changed the track 1 output to a mono subgroup, and the TwistedWave input recorded!

Again, thanks everyone.

• I believe Auria has to be open already before loading it for the arrow to show up. Try opening it up as the output first.

• Okay, just tried. I had to open Auria in the input, launch it, then go back and eject it. Now when I go to load it again I can see the arrow.

• edited August 2013

I've never had those issues with Auria....have you tried closing all running apps BT double tapping the home buttons holding down on the app icon till the close button comes up then do a soft reset, hold power + home button down until the Apple logo pops up

• I haven't had this problem either. I just did the following: 1) close all apps. 2) Start Audiobus. 3) Add Auria to Output slot. 4) Start Auria. 5) Return to Audiobus and go to Input slot -- Auria has a little blue arrow which bahaves as expected.

• Just curious....how much space do you have available on your iPad?

• Just a shot. I'm having the same problem as you, but I only have 650M available, so I thought that might be the reason. I've done a reboot, cleared all other apps in memory and still no luck. Looks like it's time to delete/reinstall Auria.

• Oh, mine is a 4gen with 32G.

• @synthandson - I'm planning on doing it tomorrow, since I'll be busy today. I'd like to hear whether that works for you.

• You should post this problem on the Auria forum in the Bug Reports section. Sounds like something Rim (one of the devs) would reply to.

• Thanks for passing that on @synthandson. I also upgraded from LE. Here's hoping the update is soon!