Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Show us your set up / studio

encenc
edited January 2016 in General App Discussion

As above :)

Reading between the lines I get the impression many here are doing away with hardware ...

Comments

• My studio is not worthy of posting. I got recording stuff. But......My area that my wife allows me, well it's also the work out section of the basement, with all kinds a other junk. Can't wait to see others though.

• Mine used to be the same, only studio and now work out are too. That's why appreciate the iPad, its so portable. Your studio is anywhere. ;)

• encenc
    edited January 2016

I was planning on doing a search of the forum before i posted this but cant seem to find a search function !???

• @enc said:
    I was planning on doing a search of the forum before i posted this but cant seem to find a search function !???

On the main forum page it's right towards the top, white color, I couldn't find it when I first joined either. lol

• Probably wouldn't have found it anyway! Vanilla's site search is pretty weak. I just remembered the old thread and then used google with site:forum.audiob.us in the search box.

• @syrupcore said:
    Probably wouldn't have found it anyway! Vanilla's site search is pretty weak. I just remembered the old thread and then used google with site:forum.audiob.us in the search box.

That is a great idea! I can never find a damn thing when I search this forum.

• Having used Discourse in quite a few forums of late I find Vanilla to be from the stone age, and don't get me started on how crap the search is! ;)

My man cave is divided into two parts, one for programming & gaming, the other for music. This is what my music corner looked like the other week (not propped up for being photographed, just a photo).

• @High5denied said:
    My studio is not worthy of posting. I got recording stuff. But......My area that my wife allows me, well it's also the work out section of the basement, with all kinds a other junk. Can't wait to see others though.

I've made audio loops out of the annoying sounds my old workout machines make.

• My camera isn't working- all I have now is iPad. Yamaha AN200. Novation Circuit. Korg KP3+. Aria electric guitar and Boss ME50 effects. Zoom digital recorder.
    Back in the day I had practically a wall of assorted machines taking up most of the spare room. I also have a very large bag of (now unwanted) assorted cables, connectors, adaptors, extension leads, sockets, mixers and all the rest of it- stuffed into the cupboard under the stairs.

• A tiny lil audio technia condenser mic through the irig pro with the beat step into my 5s works pretty well for me...

• my studio in a box

• edited January 2016

This is mine right now. Not pictured are my guitars, and of course my iPad. I need a bigger table.

• Mine's scattered across three rooms, but it all kinda comes together as in the image. I really need to consolidate and shrink it down, but it's really more for jamming with friends than it is a studio.

• @funjunkie27 that's it, I'm finally getting the Akai Eie!!! To heck with 24 bit

• 24 bit would be ideal @NoiseHorse, but it does what I need. It's a tank of an interface!

• My music recording set-up over the years wouldn't impress anyone serious very much: I started with an old Kawai hardware sequencer (which I think I still have around somewhere), and I never ever got into a good desktop environment; then the Roland XP-50 came along, with which I probably have had my best musical output (song covers in MIDI, 'Stone Trek' music, a few originals of my own); but I have never been more enthused about the ease with which I can create music than with iOS music capabilities - a picture of my 'studio' would be a screenshot of my iOS music folder app contents, which isn't ALL that. But it does more than I could do at any other time with what amounts to a package almost the size of a remote!

• edited January 2016

@hellquist said:
    Having used Discourse in quite a few forums of late I find Vanilla to be from the stone age, and don't get me started on how crap the search is! ;)

Same. Discourse really is quite a little marvel. It didn't seem all that long ago that Vanilla was a breath of fresh air as compared to phpbb/vbulletin/vomitfest87.

• @Flo26 I need that chair!

• my roommate and i spent the day rearranging the living room into a more studio-oriented flow, there's a table at the end of the room with a bunch of gear and my 8ch mixer, on both sides of it are some 350w speakers and it's all lit up by green ropelights :smiley: i'll post pics when it's done

• my happy corner in our living room

• @jooga1972 said:
    my happy corner in our living room

Great set of pedals! Quite jealous.

• @Flo26 said:
    real nice set up jooga1979!

Thanks! ( I wish I was that young... 79 vs 72

• @Flo26 said:
    sorry jooga1972. same year as me..cheers!

No problem! '72 was a good year :D

• Some cool set ups and "real" musicians :o ( geetars)
    Keep em coming :)

• @hellquist said:
    Having used Discourse in quite a few forums of late I find Vanilla to be from the stone age, and don't get me started on how crap the search is! ;)

My man cave is divided into two parts, one for programming & gaming, the other for music. This is what my music corner looked like the other week (not propped up for being photographed, just a photo).

Whats the ipad "holder" above the keyboard ... looks very useful

• @Cassetteur said:
    A tiny lil audio technia condenser mic through the irig pro with the beat step into my 5s works pretty well for me...

Now thats what i call minimal B)

• @eross said:
    my studio in a box

Loving this ... does it all pack up into the flight case ?

• @Seangarland said:
    This is mine right now. Not pictured are my guitars, and of course my iPad. I need a bigger table.

Nice B)

Along the lines of what im moving towards ... how do ypu connect ios to your hardware ?

• @enc said:

@Seangarland said:

Nice B)

Along the lines of what im moving towards (but without guitar) ... how do ypu connect ios to your hardware ?