Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur Template - ChordMonkey

Here's a personal Lemur project I put together that I thought I'd share, in case anyone else has a similar need.
https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/638/

It was built as a tool to aid in playing chord progressions with foot controllers - primarily providing the ability to increment through multiple chords or short one-shot sequences from a single trigger - with 8 triggerable tracks. It has an extensive device manager and allows you to store up to 48 presets.

It fills the gap between some things I haven't been able to do in iOS since I moved from the PC/Ableton world. My use case is much more about real-time performance and syncing with a live drummer (no click) than using looping sequences - so not sure of it's usefulness to many out here. But I did build in a lot of functionality, and it's worked well for my live needs.

Requires Lemur and an iPad.

Comments

• Wow! That looks great, but I won't be able to do anything with it for a day or two. Can't wait to try it though.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Wow! That looks great, but I won't be able to do anything with it for a day or two. Can't wait to try it though.

Let me know how it goes. Would appreciate any feedback or update suggestions.

• It's rare and interesting to see sequencing tools made for playing with live bands, without having to use a click track.

• @Processaurus said:
    It's rare and interesting to see sequencing tools made for playing with live bands, without having to use a click track.

It's definitely hard to find tools that work well for that purpose. I've tried to build something like this with some of the other midi tools out there, but Lemur's scripting capabilities really allow you to build more app-like functionality.

Also wanted to add that docs can be found at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/314mz16v3w5bqq3/ChordMonkeyManual.pdf?dl=0

• edited January 2016

I have been looking for something like this. Could it be used with iRig Blueboard? I'm guessing not? :-(

• I don't want to say it can't, but it's features are designed much more for momentaries. That being said, there are probably some aspects that would work. I'd have to borrow back my old Blueboard to validate how it sends CCs. Does it send a specific CC on each press, or does it toggle between 127 and 0?

Let me know what you want to be able to do, and I'll let you know if it's doable with the current version.

• Right now i am using a custom patch i've made for the Axoloti : http://www.axoloti.com/
    but something with a display would be very useful (like the Ipad)

That custom Lemur patch looks great !!! Thanks

• @Processaurus said:
    It's rare and interesting to see sequencing tools made for playing with live bands, without having to use a click track.

+100 !
    There is almost nothing for people playing with real band not using a click.
    I had to build something using the Axoloti but its not an elegant solution right now cause there is no display and preset management is less than ideal right now though its still in development.

• thanks for sharing thats awesome

• Thanks so much for the template, I've been learning how to use it today. Lots of possibilities here for guitarists with a midi footpedal, to do synth chords, little licks and runs. I've been looking at it to use to add basic synth bass lines whilst playing guitar. Have experimented with some of the midi organ pedals, and i've seen some guitarists play them impressively, but they definitely take a lot of practice to work while your hands are busy. This ChordMonkey seems like it'll be great for playing faster/busier bass lines, because you don't have to look at the pedal as much, and just focus on the rhythm, rather than rhythm and notes, and tapping your foot on time.

Definitely an impressive project, that falls in a niche that for some reason has had little attention - playing semi-automated programming with drummers and live bands that aren't on the click. Vaguelly in the direction of AI music accompaniment, not many sequencing tools out there have any provision for listening and adapting tempo to the musicians.

• @Processaurus said:
    Thanks so much for the template, I've been learning how to use it today. Lots of possibilities here for guitarists with a midi footpedal, to do synth chords, little licks and runs. I've been looking at it to use to add basic synth bass lines whilst playing guitar. Have experimented with some of the midi organ pedals, and i've seen some guitarists play them impressively, but they definitely take a lot of practice to work while your hands are busy. This ChordMonkey seems like it'll be great for playing faster/busier bass lines, because you don't have to look at the pedal as much, and just focus on the rhythm, rather than rhythm and notes, and tapping your foot on time.

Definitely an impressive project, that falls in a niche that for some reason has had little attention - playing semi-automated programming with drummers and live bands that aren't on the click. Vaguelly in the direction of AI music accompaniment, not many sequencing tools out there have any provision for listening and adapting tempo to the musicians.

Thanks - and please let me know what your experience is, good or bad. The template definitely got a little more complex than what I started out to create, so it definitely takes a little time investment to get something useful out of it. I still haven't gotten much feedback, as I'm assuming many have given up before they got far enough with it.

• I don't even know the basics of Lemur yet, but the description of your template makes me think that Chordmonkey is the answer to my needs. Will let you know.

• This thing sounds useful, thanks for bringing this thread back! I bought lemur very early on and it got lost in the flood of other apps and stuff and things.

• It works, but Lemur isn't really setup to be this type of an app development platform, so there are a lot of quirky issues. Some features work better than others. I could really stand to turn it into an actual app someday.

• @rad3d said:
    It works, but Lemur isn't really setup to be this type of an app development platform, so there are a lot of quirky issues. Some features work better than others. I could really stand to turn it into an actual app someday.

I've just revisited your Lemur template and I must say it's really great work of art!
    All the conditional pages, ascii keyboard, preset management and dialogs, it's a fantastic example of Lemur programming.