Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TouchOSC templates (Turnado controller by me available for dl)

Not Audiobus related i guess, but i thought it´s a good place to share templates since alot of people hang out in this forum! (And the official TouchOSC forum has been destroyed by IK Multimedia so...)

Anyway, I´ve never tried these do it yourself controllers. But with TouchOSC being on sale at just $2.99 until June 1st I grabbed it and made this Turnado controller.

There are two pages, both being landscape. With the first page the idea is to be able to hold the iPad as game controller and being able to controll everything with your thumbs. The second page basically have the same controllers but with a different and bigger layout for easy access when your iPad is in a stand.

The only thing this Turnado controller adds to the existing in-app controls would be the "Push Buttons". Each Turnado knob have four buttons that each corresponds to a increasing quarter value (first button makes the knob jump to 9´o clock, second 12´o clock and so on) and snaps back to zero when released, so they are not toggles. Differense from the snapping xy pads in Turnado being set values here. Really useful, and makes it easier, for manipulating and slicing beats etc.

Should work out-of-the-box unless you changed CC values in Turnado (this templates uses CC 1-10 on channel 1/omni). I don´t know what values the Mac and PC plug-in version uses, but it´s easy to change in the editor so...

Picture of the Hand page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10039217/TouchOSC/HandVersion.png

Picture of the Stand page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10039217/TouchOSC/StandVersion.png

Download controller...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10039217/TouchOSC/Turnado-iPadControllerChrisG.touchosc

I´m a newb at this stuff so please feel free to improve it. And share your own TouchOSC layouts!

Comments

• Nice! Can't wait to check his out.

• Cool. It´s all really basic now tho. I have´nt dug that deep into the editor or read the manual, so I don´t know if there´s a way to link controllers (moving a fader does´nt move the correspondig XY pad or vice versa). And a reset all controllers button would have been useful.

• edited May 2013

(And the official TouchOSC forum has been destroyed by IK Multimedia so...).

Please explain this...

• may I? IK Multimedia uses the TouchOSC forum for spam. But I don't see a problem with that, simply ignore those posts.

• @ChrisG these look fantastic. I haven't bothered with TouchOSC as I prefer to edit controllers on the iPad - Lemur, MIDI Designer, TB MIDI etc., I'm tempted though.

@Phil999 that sounds a very cheap move on IKM's part.

• IKMs spam "tactics" aren't anything new, but lets just leave it that.

TY: Yea I got a neck/headache from bein hunched over the PC doing this one lol. In-app editor would be awesome. And yes, I'm tempted to get Lemur but I think it would be a bit overkill for me at the moment (I just bought this one the other day cos it was on sale, thinking eeh I might need it in the future).