Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HELP! We have a Roland MIDI AX-1 KEYTAR and want to play it live

I can hook this thing into our MIDI keyboard to get sound, but was trying to be more mobile. I have the camera connection kit to the iPad and the Roland MIDI to USB cable so I can get sound out of it, but which app is going to work best for live performance for an 11-year-old stuck in the 80ies?

Can the keytar create the sound, not the app? Was that was Jordan Rudess was doing with sample wiz? Help!!!

Comments

• edited January 2016

What other stuff have you got lying around.....

For example an old iPhone 4s perhaps or better....
    Then you could connect the phone to the keytar by usb midi connect the phone to the iPad by Bluetooth couple of elastic bands or somesuch to hold the phone onto the keytar strap and your 11 year old can rock out to his hearts content without tripping over wires :)

Could even get a job in a reed employment advert.....

Or there's the qu.1 gadget (or something like that) or the puc from the jamstick people

• I bet Animoog would be a good companion for the controller. Or Korg iM1 for 80s preset sounds.

• Magellan is a great, low overhead iOS app with straightforward midi implementation. Magellan jr also capable of running on an iPhone or an older iPod touch.

• And we'd all like to know how your 11 year old got stuck in the 80s to begin with...

• edited January 2016

This is a curious affliction for someone in this day and age. i contracted it by being born in 1975

@rad3d said:
    And we'd all like to know how your 11 year old got stuck in the 80s to begin with...

• My understanding is that your keytar is a controller, so it won't produce sounds on its own. You will need a midi controlled sound generator on your iOS device to get an audio output.

Animoog, several Korgs apps, and Roland SoundCanvas should get you well into the 80s.