Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Several inputs, how do I select one for audio?

I'm using audiobus with loopy hd and Nanokey2 keyboard to trigger apps like sunrizer, alchemy, drum jam etc. The problem is that the keyboard is triggering all 3 of the apps I have got selected for input. I want to choose which app is triggered with the nano key keyboard. Does anyone know an easy way to do this?

Comments

• Can you set the MIDI channels for the apps you don't want triggered to a different value than what the nano key keyboard is set?

• Yes I could do that but I should have elaborated, I want the nanokeys to play all of them but just one at a time. This is how I utilise audiobus, I have loopy as an output, turnado as fx and I like to have a few apps open to quickly go back and forth so I can change instrument, grab a loop and quickly change to another instrument. A quick way to do this in some apps is to just turn down the volume but then I have messed with the level and it's another function I have to perform. I could maybe use an app called Midibridge (which btw is how I got sampletank to work with nanokeys) I could use the scene function to have different instruments assigned to nanokeys then just quickly change between scenes. I wonder if anyone out there is attempting the same setup? Loopy is the shiz in audiobus!

• AFAIK, MidiBridge scenes are the only current option for what you need. I use them too.. This is what scenes were put in there for, along with the abiity to select them with a MIDI Program Change message.

• Looks like I'm on the right track, I hadn't tried it but worked in my head ha! Thanks for confirming!