Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"would you like to open..." constant message

Hi,
I'm facing the (former ?) famous annoying message which appears every time you touch an icon app.
I must say that I just bought an iPad Pro, so iOS 9, and I never upgraded my Air 1, which still runs under iOS 8.4, so, even if I was aware of this problem (how not to be !) I never saw it and never had to deal with it.
But, I believed this issue has been resolved under iOS 9, and for quite a time now. I precise that even with a simple Audiobus config, with 4 apps, the message show-up every time I touch an app icon, even if I already done it 10 times.
I would really appreciate any kind a help, because I just red lots of pages in this forum, and I didn't really found a satisfying answer.
Thank you for your attention and happy new year to you !

Comments

• It happens to me on iOS 9 and I've been too lazy to check if there is any kind of fix. I'd also be quite curious!

• @CalCutta said:
    It happens to me on iOS 9 and I've been too lazy to check if there is any kind of fix. I'd also be quite curious!

Ditto (IPhone)

• I thought this happened only the first time? Wow, I was going to upgrade but would like to hear more about this.

• In my experience it only happens once for each action. Ie ab wants to open X. Then X wants to open ab to switch back. But if you go from X to y then you will get X wants to open y and then etc etc.
    There isn't a fix its not a bug it's a security/privacy feature or so I gather.

• encenc
    edited January 2016

@CalCutta said:
    It happens to me on iOS 9 and I've been too lazy to check if there is any kind of fix. I'd also be quite curious!

i have to refrain from screaming at my ipad.... no i dont want to open the app i just touched the icon for the f**king fun of it :#

• Every time? Or only the first time the apps approve each other?

@BiancaNeve said:
    In my experience it only happens once for each action. Ie ab wants to open X. Then X wants to open ab to switch back. But if you go from X to y then you will get X wants to open y and then etc etc.

• @enc said:

@CalCutta said:

i have to refrain from screaming at my ipad.... no i dont want to open the app i just touched the icon for the f**king fun of it :#

Careful, she's watching you

• Yep... annoying as hell.

I'm hoping it will start to go away - but if it asks every session - then that is REALLY annoying...

• I've only noticed it for every new request from one app to another. But it can seem like it's repeating when you're using the AudioBus panel for switching from app to app. But I'm assuming that the AudioBus panel is baked into each app from the AudioBus SDK - so I'm switching from the live app, and not AudioBus. So, you have to account for the first call from one app to another before it goes away.

Apple should provide a global option that allows you to override for specific apps.

AudioBus trying to make it simple - Apple trying to make it hard...

• I have one piece that I performed live, with Alchemy, Soundscaper, and a few fx apps in Audiobus. Would I have to approve each one while on stage? It was bad enough to tap to launch each one while blabbing to audience...

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I have one piece that I performed live, with Alchemy, Soundscaper, and a few fx apps in Audiobus. Would I have to approve each one while on stage? It was bad enough to tap to launch each one while blabbing to audience...

As far as I can tell, the prompt only comes up the first time you try to switch between two specific apps. It shouldn't ask repeatedly.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    In my experience it only happens once for each action. Ie ab wants to open X. Then X wants to open ab to switch back. But if you go from X to y then you will get X wants to open y and then etc etc.

Hi, for what I knew of this problem, after a few days of total anarchy (I experienced it myself on an old 4S on which I installed iOS 9... ) it was fixed and after that, it's pretty much as you describe it.
    But like I wrote, this message occurs all the time and it isn't coherent... example : it happens when you want to switch from on synth app to another, and when you switch back, it happens again... It's not just between Audiobus and apps in it, but within apps too....
    The only temporary solution I've found so far is to use Remote... Strangely, the message is barely showing up when using Remote.... strange....

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I thought this happened only the first time? Wow, I was going to upgrade but would like to hear more about this.

Me too, and it absolutely supposed to be ! It supposed to happen the first time you launch an app and that's it !
    For those of you who still experience this issue, what device are you using ?

• @Crawlingwind said:

Every time? Or only the first time the apps approve each other?

I confirm, every time, I wouldn't have post if it wasn't the case.... sadly...

• @cyril777 said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Not Here. It only shows when you launch between two apps for the first time. Say: you are in sunrizer and launch loopy from the sidebar and you get the message, next time you launch loopy from sunrizer you won't get the message...or at least this is what is happening to me on iPad mini retina 9.2

• @supadom said:

@cyril777 said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Not Here. It only shows when you launch between two apps for the first time. Say: you are in sunrizer and launch loopy from the sidebar and you get the message, next time you launch loopy from sunrizer you won't get the message...or at least this is what is happening to me on iPad mini retina 9.2

Ditto, it's the first time only for me, as well.

• I '' m gonna check this right away and try to give you a definitive answer (if such a thing is possible ..)

• I'm so full of shit.... It's the redundancy of these messages which perhaps made me believe I had to to every time. But let's say you work on a Audiobus patch close it, and reopen it another day : will you have to face all these messages again, even with the same apps?

PS : I give my word I will never more claim unverified informations and false allegations... I'm not writing articles for Wikipedia and I'm not working for Fox News, so there's no reason to double check my posts and claim undeniable lies...
    I'm sorry dear members ... This could be considered as a "new year good resolution "

• @cyril777 said:

But let's say you work on a Audiobus patch close it, and reopen it another day : will you have to face all these messages again, even with the same apps?

no you won't
    but if you have updated stuff in the meantime I am not so sure
    ( I am seeing to many versions of things to tell)

• edited January 2016

Yep, it's first time only. But for even just 30 apps theoretically... That is 900 times it will could happen :o

So for those of us who have hundreds of apps, this will show up now and then for months, or years, basically every time a new app asks to open another new app.

TL;DR not permanent, but get used to it.

• If it was Windows, it would have a popup telling you that it was going to have to ask, click "OK", then the box asking if you would like to open, click "OK".

• We're fixing this with Audiobus 3.

• edited January 2016

@Sebastian said:
    We're fixing this with Audiobus 3.

Yay! Party, applause, sex, drugs, electronic music, ect ... <3
    en detail? no more bs from any to any in ab 3? <3

• edited January 2016

AB 3 will be a new standalone music OS to replace iOS then @Sebastian - Cool! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

• edited January 2016

Actually - now that it legal to JB the iPad again (at least in the US) .... maybe that's not such a bad idea!!! :smiley:

• @PhilW said:
    If it was Windows, it would have a popup telling you that it was going to have to ask, click "OK", then the box asking if you would like to open, click "OK".

Not before asking 'are you sure?'

• @rad3d said:
    I've only noticed it for every new request from one app to another. But it can seem like it's repeating when you're using the AudioBus panel for switching from app to app. But I'm assuming that the AudioBus panel is baked into each app from the AudioBus SDK - so I'm switching from the live app, and not AudioBus. So, you have to account for the first call from one app to another before it goes away.

I'm still on 8 but I think this is true.

• When is AB 3 estimated to be available?