Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Link Sync - coming soon!

Hi guys - just wanted to share our latest project with you that will provide an easy way to synchronise your MIDI clock and Ableton Link timeline, in either direction. Here's a quick preview of the app in action and we'd love to hear your thoughts.

In summary, you've got two modes:

MIDI » Ableton Link

• Makes Ableton Link act as a MIDI slave to an external MIDI clock by manipulating the Ableton Link tempo to keep it in sync

Ableton Link » MIDI

• Makes Ableton Link act as a MIDI master by producing a MIDI clock that is in sync with the Ableton Link timeline

Comments

• Video is private.

• FYI: Video is private. Show me what you got!

• @mgmg4871 said:
    Video is private.

Oops, should be fixed now!

• Liked. When shall we get to play with it?

• Price set yet? I'm sure Link to Midi is coming back soon and it was free... Who knows if it will be when rereleased though.

• @FlightManual Soon - we're just polishing it ready for app store submission.

@Halftone - and it'll be free :)

• Free and soon: that works for me!

• cool beans :-)

• Free and now is better :) But looking forward to it all the same..

• The old version worked very well.

• Oops! Was thinking of Link to Midi.

• But this looks juicy also.....

• @CodingCod said:
    Hi guys - just wanted to share our latest project with you that will provide an easy way to synchronise your MIDI clock and Ableton Link timeline, in either direction. Here's a quick preview of the app in action and we'd love to hear your thoughts.

In summary, you've got two modes:

MIDI » Ableton Link

• Makes Ableton Link act as a MIDI slave to an external MIDI clock by manipulating the Ableton Link tempo to keep it in sync

Ableton Link » MIDI

• Makes Ableton Link act as a MIDI master by producing a MIDI clock that is in sync with the Ableton Link timeline

Thanks fellas.

• Looks great :) thanks!

• Until IOS 10..... Lol :p

• That is wonderfull, thanx a lot, A LOT ;-)

• Very cool, and great that it is planned to be free.

• Truly excellent, ....did I understand correctly that you can sync external midi gear without Ableton software, you just need to have apps Link enabled as you show in the video?
    Thank you :)

• @soundklinik said:
    Truly excellent, ....did I understand correctly that you can sync external midi gear without Ableton software, you just need to have apps Link enabled as you show in the video?
    Thank you :)

I think this is true

• @soundklinik Exactly. To elaborate, Ableton Link will synchronise any Link app's (without the need for any Ableton software) whether they're on the same device or different devices. Using MIDI Link Sync and a MIDI interface, you could sync with Link and then send a MIDI clock to external MIDI gear OR you could receive a MIDI clock and sync the Link timeline to it.

• This is destined to be one of the essential tools for iOS-Musicians, combine this with the 'Kymatica Mixer App' and it will be perfect for live jamming and recording ideas.

Since there is no detailed info about the 'Kymatica Mixer App' we can only hope it will have some kind of record-sync(Link?). Imagine multi-tracking multiple iOS devices and store the content in local AudioShare where they saved in perfect sync ready for importing to your favourite DAWs.

And 2016 has just begun :D

• @FlightManual said:
    Free and soon: that works for me!

+++1

• @Samu said:
    This is destined to be one of the essential tools for iOS-Musicians, combine this with the 'Kymatica Mixer App' and it will be perfect for live jamming and recording ideas.

Since there is no detailed info about the 'Kymatica Mixer App' we can only hope it will have some kind of record-sync(Link?). Imagine multi-tracking multiple iOS devices and store the content in local AudioShare where they saved in perfect sync ready for importing to your favourite DAWs.

This is hot.

• @Samu said:
    This is destined to be one of the essential tools for iOS-Musicians, combine this with the 'Kymatica Mixer App' and it will be perfect for live jamming and recording ideas.

My money is on the next Modstep update (or two) to help with this. Partly because I paid for it and the update plan seems to indicate it. ;)

• I've read on MultiTrak Daw forum site, that the Dev has applied for the Link packaged. Maybe this DAW will be the first to have a "Link"? Anyway, I've waited years(like everyone Else) to finally get the iPad Midi synced. thankyou again CodyCod & Ableton for making this a reality. Now my right hand & middle finger is slowly raising up to the vertical position against Apples competition. When before I was leaning towards them, & tempted of crossing over. Once(if?) other Devs upgrade to Link, it's gonna be Midi Sync heaven!.....

• f Auria pro gets Ableton link it will be a beast!

• cool app looks like it will definitely be another favorite tool in the tool box!

• @CodingCod said:
    @soundklinik Exactly. To elaborate, Ableton Link will synchronise any Link app's (without the need for any Ableton software) whether they're on the same device or different devices. Using MIDI Link Sync and a MIDI interface, you could sync with Link and then send a MIDI clock to external MIDI gear OR you could receive a MIDI clock and sync the Link timeline to it.

From what I've seen (as a developer) Link won't be a slave to anything in terms of timeline position (or position within bar), but only for tempo itself. It alone controls the beat position at any given time, so a MIDI clock -> Link functionality will only be useful to match tempo value.

But the rest should be cool!

• edited January 2016

Fugue Machine developer try to leading this class, now Loop Tree developer again!

I assume there will be more app developers doing so!

Can Audiobus master provides a way doing it on Audiobus chain to make Audiobus app greater uses? That has lots further benefits from Audiobus development. ???