Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur templates

Hi all
the other day i saw 2 videos made by 1 of you guys that had made lemur templates to control animoog etc
they were fantastic-----was hoping the creator of the template could chip in and give some ideas and perhaps a link to download the ipad templates as they looked great. i have used midi designer to control apps on my other ipad, but really want to use Lemur as i have invested money on this app......more lemur ipad templates would benifit everyone-- ( or am i alone on this )
many thanks in advance------- templates on the lemur website are really old and mainly for controlling PC midi

Comments

• edited May 2013

Hi @nicebutfun. I think the guy who made the animoog template doesn't visit this forum anymore.

I am currently reviewing Lemur for iosmars.com and have made a few iOS related templates. I will release them later but if there is anything you'd like in particular please let me know.

• @Nicebutfun I'm working on a Lemur template for Loopy and Turnado, but I'm waiting for a Loopy timing fix in order to release it, plus some minor enhancements I'm thinking of.
    This is a preview
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1029/lemur-template-for-loopy-and-turnado/p1

• Thanks guys for quick response
    Would live to get templates from both of you!!
    Saveas your video was super great, and the template looks neat and super practical.
    And Ryan you have been a big help since the start of audiobus. You have answered questions before I even had to ask. I guess the template I am looking forward would be to control turnado with beatmaker, being able to start stop recording etc right from lemur---- anything that's practical as I am spoilt with 2 iPads. Thanks in advance guys

• Glad to be of help. I currently don't own Turnado so I won't be able to do a template for it right away. I can and will do a decent one for BM2 though. If there are any other combos you'd like, shout em out.. I own a lot of apps but obviously not all. :-))

• All Lemur Templates are totally mappable, you can download one from their site and mapping with learn on Animoog if you want

• @Sinapsya Although that is true it is no where as good as a specialized template and can be very difficult for a lot of users. ;-)

• I dunno.. And yes that's the one i was thinking of. Let's see if this works... @Uglykidmoe where are you?

• @Ryan - Cool dude!

• Here we go.. Templates for iMS-20, Beatmaker2, ThumbJam and DrumJam :-) http://main.iosmars.com/2013/05/31/lemur-demo-template-download/

• Great to see this Ryan. Just curious, can those templates be edited on the iPad or do you always have to connect to a PC or Mac to make changes to your layouts?

• edited May 2013

There is a built in editor. The PC one is easier to use but there is a built in one. I'll do a video on using the built in editor next time. :-)

• Awesome, those bouncy ball xy pads are alluring.

• Yeah the Physics settings are super cool.. You can apply physics to anything, not just the xy pads. If I had the time to continue to learn this app I could show you some really advanced things but it's one of those apps like audulus where doing the really cool stuff can take months and months of learning and practice. Anyhow, point is there is a lot of advanced things you can do with this app, way more then i can show.. Basically, if you can think it up and have the knowledge to program it there isn't much you couldn't do with this app in the way of sending MIDI. :-)

• Also, just thought of it.. I didn't show it but you aren't limited to the one page either. You can create many pages and flip through them very easily. I should show that next time

• @Ryan - thanks for the templates and video! Definitely a void for iOS apps.

• Hi guys. The beatmaker template looks good, but dont work for me on windows8. Is this just for Mac ? when i try to drop it on the editor window. Lemur dont like it when i drop the .jmlz file on the lemur wiindow. am i being silly and doing something wrong. really would like some help please

• Had animoog template on midi designer working quite well but really want to use lemur

• Hmm I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to load the .jmlz file. I just click on the file and it opens it in the editor.. I never tried drag and drop. How bout trying to load it via itunes sharing?

• I used Goodreader and it allowed me to open it directly into Lemur, but I did have to copy the text in the link, create a text doc in Goodreader, and add a .jzml extension to it first.

• All three templates work great after all that!

• All three templates work great after all that!

• Also, using a jzml extension opened the file directly into Lemur...not the editor.

• @funjunkie27 I think this is the first time I've ever said.. I think itnues sharing is easier. LOL

I asked Liine if they could associate their files with Lemur so they can be opened within iOS.. I also asked for AB support of coarse. And just for myself i asked to be able to import graphics so i can make sexy templates. ;-)

• Hi again, just checked ims-20 template from iosMars----works great
    Must be something wrong with Beatmaker2 lemur file

• yeah shame you cant import graphics -- could really make things look sweet
    thanks again Ryan--

• The only thing that is different about the BeatMaker2 one is that I edited it with the built in editor.. For some reason using the bipolar knobs were crashing the editor on my pc.. My PC is super old so I assumed it was that. I'll see if i can sort out something for you.

• thanks dude. hope you get up a new link soon. on pc i understand how to change the midi messages etc, but on the ipad i can draw a template but dont know how to asign midi commands etc to the buttons sliders etc. must be me being dumb. would be nice for some guidence on ipad lemur editor

• There is this http://liine.net/assets/files/lemur/Lemur-IAE-Guide.pdf ... It's not you being dumb.. It's way harder on iPad.. options are kinda hidden. :-)

here is the old version of the BM2 template.. from before i updates the panning knobs.. you'll have to set them up how you like. This one should work. BeatMaker2 old template

• It would also be great if Lemur could save presets, like Midi Designer Pro, so you could snapshot all your settings for reuse.