Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.4 update is finally here !

Just downloading :)

Comments

• your bpm sync work???
    mine don't send right time but only start/stop

• edited May 2013

No BPM here either. Turned on midi clock out in Cubasis. No workie.

• Just waiting for ipad to charge and il have a look

• Ha... Tried sending midi clock to beat maker 2 and got the first metronome click, then BM2 showed a Bpm of like 2,000,000 or something...
    BM2 has been behaving great for me with clock in and out lately, so this is a disappointing update from Steinberg so far..

• edited May 2013

I think I'm going to try uninstalling Cubasis and reinstalling and see if that helps. Surely they tested this bpm before it went out.

Update: uninstalled, rebooted ipad, reinstalled. Tried to sync with drumjam and then bm2. No clock sync. So disappointing. Maybe next month.

• Yes... maybe... I love to hear the notes in the piano roll now when I touch them ;-) It would be also cool, if after midi recording in Cubasis the velocity of notes wouldn't be set automatically to 127, which have been performed via virtual midi in other apps.
    So it will take a bit longer to use iFretless Bass or Chordion as Swiss Weapons...

• edited May 2013

Boone 51

Sorry if this sounds silly .....
    Have you enabled 'send midi clock',
    In the 'setup' menu??

Are your settings in drum jam correct?

Is working fine for me.

Edit

But looks like clock has to be set manually!!...so yes Sinapsya,only start/stop seems to be working.

• @coomonstookie. Yeah, see my original post. I appreciate any words of advice though, so please keep it coming if you've got it working. I turned on the setting in Cubasis. I believe I have it configured correctly in Drum/ThumbJam and bm2. Even looked in the ipad general settings for something hidden like bm2 has there. Notice me. A shame too because I really like tha app in general. Was pumped about it.

• I use my instrument apps like hardware sound modules, just triggering sounds from them with Cubasis. So my question is, is there any reason I would need midi clock to begin with? I mean, I understand if I were triggering a separate sequence from, say, BM2 with Cubasis, but that's not how I work. Is there anything different about iOS that midi clock will make a difference for the better in my situation?

• And drum jam midi setup has cubasis set as clock output?

That's all I've done and its working fine.

• @Context I'd say no. I don't ever use or have a use for midi clock either. I'm pretty sure it's only use is for just for snycing up sequences and patterns. Super important to some, absolutely pointless to others. ;-)

• @context with your method, you may not have much use for it, but if you want any sequence you've recorded in another app to play back on time into your DAW, or if you've got a delay effect that you need tempo synced from another app without having to manually line it up.

If you ever were to incorporate your iOS device into an existing hardware synth/drum machine/sequencer setup for live use, you will need midi clock. Not everyone finds the charm in working exclusively in iOS, especially if you've already got older equipment around that you can incorporate.
    That being said, the stability of ANY midi clock concerning computers is suspect,(except for the old Atari of course), and most musicians don't use ios' brand of midi clock anyway, they would use something called Midi Time Code.

when these apps' midi clock don't function as expected, it's really not surprising, as its always kind of been that way with computers and midi clock.

• edited May 2013

So far here's my success failure list...

Works:
    Bassline, Funkbox, DrumJam (very laggy), iElectribe (slight lag when synced along with another app, fine on its own), Molten

Doesn't Work:
    DM1, Figure, Alchemy, Bs-16i, Loopy HD, Rebirth, Sampletank

If anybody gets the ones to wok I can't please let me know how !

• Drum jam is what I'm on right now...
    It does trigger a bit late.

• Have managed to record bm2 into cubasis in sync.

Note* in bm2 'midi setup' only highlight midi out.

Do not highlight clock send/recv or thru.

• So BM2 MIDI settings don't work properly?

• I thought I'd need to turn clock receive on, but when I did,it stopped working.

Rebooted,left clock off and just turned midi out on and it worked ok....in sync.

• I don't think it's an issue with bm2.

Midi on ios is just a really big mess.

• edited May 2013

"Rebooted,left clock off and just turned midi out on and it worked ok....in sync."

Wow... You're right... What a mess!
    Correction: what a clusterf***...
    All I am getting is cubasis sending a start message, and BM2 responds, but they both chug along at their own tempos.
    Midi wrench tells me cubasis IS sending clock, so who knows...

I'll wait awhile before messing with cubasis more- no time for experimentation when BM2 has been working great...

• edited May 2013

Glitchbreaks seems ok too.

Edit

Settings: Enable midi/Receive midi clock sync

• Glitchbreaks keeps losing time ?

• Really...sheeeeeet!!

Will give it another go.

• edited May 2013

You're right Dave.

• Steinberg - "Hows the update coming along, guys?"
    Steinberg Devs - "Well, we got MIDI clock output."
    Steinberg - "Tested? Working ok with other apps?"
    Steinberg Devs - "Uh, not really..."
    Steinberg - "Ok, release it."

• Can't get the midi clock out to work for rebirth or dm1... All I should have to do is enable "send midi clock" in cubasis and then enable midi from cubasis in the other app right?

• Dm1 and Rebirth really seem in conflict with anything else running. Those have been thorns for me from the get go...they sound great but keeping them synced is a headache.

I am with everyone else. I think it is MIDI in general on iOS. Maybe some who have some pull can get some things as standard before the v7 hits this fall!

• edited May 2013

Maybe this is not the thread for this question, but I've been waiting for this update all the while assuming that SampleTank could receive clock sync. I don't know which app to blame, but I checked the description of ST on the App Store and there's no mention of clock. Does any one here know? And YES wouldn't it be great if some of this mess got standardized in iOS.

• Midibus looks like its gonna be another 6 months before we see any solid implementation if it gets implemented that is.

We ought to have a whip round for the devs.

We could call it the M.I.F.F.E.D fund.

Midi, Implementation, Fund, For, Extensive, Development !