Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
How to record Patterning into Loopy HD with Link.
New to Loopy HD. Trying to record a Patterning pattern in to a loop slot. I figured with the new Link feature in both I would be able to do this:
- Open audiobus, then Patterning as input and Loopy as output
- Check they agree on BPM. (Though loopy wanted to be in 2/4 time for some reason initially)
- Set Loop to record 1 bar with a count-in & start it off
- Quickly start Patterning from the AB bar
- Have a 1-bar loop recorded into the Loopy Slot. Yay!
Alas, this isn't working as expected, I'm not getting exactly a bar, if I ask for 2 bars I don't get exactly 2 bars, yet, if I ask for it to record 3 bars I seem to get exactly 3 bars.
Cheers for any insights!
EDIT: Okay I'm an idiot, my loop is in 3/4 time. Doh