Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado updated with Landscape Mode! :)

Yeah!

You can now toggle between the 4 X/Y pads and the Settings panel through a dedicated button. Landscape and Portrait modes can be toggled automatically with the iPad's orientation. In Landscape mode the pads are bigger, cool! The
settings panel could be bigger though, the zoom feature is still there but limited to the same window size as in Portrait Mode. Anyway, better now! Good to see a quick update and thanks for listening to our request :)

It's safe to update, no more presets gone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id614418823?mt=8&affId=2048933

Comments

• Thanks!

• Damn. Just gave up and updated yesterday. Glad to hear about landscape though!

• Sweet. Thanks!

• Looking Good :-)

• edited May 2013

Hmmm. It's great that Sugar Bytes responded quickly to the user requests, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. The XY pads aren't labelled in landscape mode, so there's no way to see which effect you're controlling. The settings page could easily have a zoom that fills the screen but doesn't. I don't think they put that much thought into this from a UI point of view.

I like how the XY pads are bigger in landscape mode, but the portrait mode is clearly the better way to use this app at present. Update needs a few tweaks. Still, now the new orientation is there, hopefully they will iterate on it to improve the user experience.

• edited May 2013

I agree that labelling on the pads and zoom would be useful, but I like the way they have incorporated the ability to play the pads with an overlap in the settings page. That must have taken some thought to get best of the screen's real estate. I think they've done well.

• I agree with everything said above. Sugar Bytes are awesome for implementing a landscape mode this fast. In the next update tho, I really hope they upscale the effect and settings page to fill the screen, even if it mean things will be a bit blurry. And some simple visual cue on the x/y pads as to what effects you're controlling would be welcome. Anyway, mucho kudos to Sugar Bytes for listening to users and implementing things this fast!

• I think they did a fine job with the landscape mode. It all seems logical to me and easy to use.

• Perfect update....if only the likes of Moog were as focused on their apps right now but I'm sure they will catch up soon :)

• edited March 2014

• "Soon" is relative. I think they use the word in a geological sense.

• edited March 2014

• Just a test using Turnado , easy to use and fun :-)

http://snd.sc/19GJYQg

• Nice track :-)

• More turnado crazy stuff :-)

http://snd.sc/18WoVYT