Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Sounds with Composure App

I'm not sure how to setup what I would like to do with Audiobus, or if it will do it.

I would like to use a music writing app (like Symphonic or Symphony Pro) to write my music, then when I play it back, use something like a Korg Synth app (iM1) for the sounds as it plays.

I thought it would work as:
Input= Symphonic App
Output=Korg App

I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Would it be more along the lines of:

Input= Symphonic App
Input =Korg App
Output=MultiTrack DAW App

If so, how do you setup the 2 input apps for when the score is played in the Symphonic app, it uses the sounds from the Korg App (or Garage Band, etc).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited December 2015

@mypupdaisy
    Do your composition apps send MIDI live out for each instrument (multitrack realtime)?

The symphonic composition apps I have, Symphonix Evolution, Symphony Pro, and Notion, do not send midi "live", they export the multitrack midi files that are created from your composition, for import into apps that will play them (with different voices, which depend on the app you've sent them too).

Apps that play midi files are all the DAWs that are mentioned on this site, MultitrackStudio, Cubasis, Auria Pro, these apps offer a ton of other features you may not need and may not need to pay for...there's other apps which are strictly for playing midi files, Roland Sound Canvas is one, you can search midi players on the App Store for other ideas.

Korg M1 needs realtime midi info flowing in to play, either from its own keys, or via a midi connection made in-device via "core" or "virtual" midi, but doesn't load and play midi files. And Audiobus does not transmit midi info, only audio.

• edited December 2015

@mypupdaisy said:
    I'm not sure how to setup what I would like to do with Audiobus, or if it will do it.

I would like to use a music writing app (like Symphonic or Symphony Pro) to write my music, then when I play it back, use something like a Korg Synth app (iM1) for the sounds as it plays.

I thought it would work as:
    Input= Symphonic App
    Output=Korg App

I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Would it be more along the lines of:

Input= Symphonic App
    Input =Korg App
    Output=MultiTrack DAW App

If so, how do you setup the 2 input apps for when the score is played in the Symphonic app, it uses the sounds from the Korg App (or Garage Band, etc).

Thanks for any help.

I know how to work with one composure app and play it back for you.

Go and get HarmonyWiz and Auria Pro!

100% sure when you compose your work, you can hear the real instrument have chosen from Auria by you , plus you can import your composed midi file into Auria to finish all you want! Or real time recording midi notes to Auria Pro (better method, without midi file import).

The important thing here is that you hear the sound you want when you are composing, then that sound will be your finished work inside a DAW.

How that sounds? ;)

• edited December 2015

@mypupdaisy,

You can not do Korg Module or any Korg apps midi directly with Auria Pro! except iM1 app.

• I would buy an app that helped me keep my
    composure.

• edited December 2015

Hehe, LOL, yes, a keep me cooler app.

@MrNezumi said:
    I would buy an app that helped me keep my
    composure.