Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unlocking the iDS-10 mystery

Comments

• edited December 2015

Finally got it. You have to slowly raise the modulation speed knob.

• edited December 2015

Okay I swear I've matched the pattern for the other two soundcloud hints, but it still hasn't unlocked, so I'm probably slightly off. Seems like it's a major scale, with it being C, then two descending notes, then C again... Repeated for the second bar, with the two descending notes transposed by -1... Repeated for the third bar, with the two middle notes transposed again by -1... And then the same thing for the 4th bar (two middle notes transposed another -1).

Of course, it might not even be that you have to match the pattern.

The video on their youtube channel seems to indicate the prize are colored cables and a colored keyboard. If so, the level of difficulty far outweighs the reward. :|

• edited December 2015

For the soundcloud patterns, this is as close as I can get:

C3, B3, A3, C3
    C3, A3, G3, C3
    C3, G3, F3, C3
    C3, F3, E3, C3

Must admit I don't have the best ear though.

Edit: My mistake, entered the wrong pattern. It's C, B, A, C, etc. that is the closest one.

• I'm not getting it either

• edited December 2015

I somehow unlocked 1-3 which appears to be a variation of 1-4 (url even says normal seq for 1-4). I was playing around with this pattern, 3rd octave:

C A G C
    C G F C
    C F E C
    C E D C

Then moved the A to C4 and got the unlock light. Can anyone confirm?

Edit:

Forgot to mention, I had also drawn in random gate times on the gate page.

• @1P18 You instruction for 1-3 worked for me :)

-- load init session
    -- at synth 1 add the note seqence (first note is already there)
    -- adjust legato gate times for the notes
    -- while playing the sequence, change the A to C4

• edited December 2015

I think for 1-3 it was the gate time variation that ultimately did it. I'm stumped for 1-4 though. Seems like it should be a straightforward sequence.

• I did not manage to get 3-1 by playing a two synth pattern on main view for several minutes... Tried again, by also adding manualla played notes, or even drums , or the voice synth...
    There must be something additional to it... Btw i started with the init seq.

For 5-5 i suspect that it might have to do with copy patterns in main view. There one can select copy notes and/or tones... I already tried lots of copy combinations.

• I changed 3-1. I think it's just let a pattern play for 2 minutes.

• Geez, I understand and I am precisely following the instructions but I just cannot get 1-3 or 2-3. It's so weird.
    Also, I've started over on my iPad and flew through with the instructions but the 2 min patch play doesn't want to work for me either. Strange because I got it all n my phone.
    Agh first world problems we have here

• Just got a flash tuning the snare drum. (I set punch to high and wiggled the other knobs first though. Not sure what bits are important)

• 2-2 Is move two synth knobs in opposite directions simultaneously.

• @JiggyWig said:
    Just got a flash tuning the snare drum. (I set punch to high and wiggled the other knobs first though. Not sure what bits are important)

What did this unlock?

@JiggyWig said:
    2-2 Is move two synth knobs in opposite directions simultaneously.

Thanks, corrected that in the first post (had 1-2 and 2-2 backwords).

The rest of these are?????

1-4 - apparently a basic pattern, but just can't seem to match it
    3-2 - "10" I've tried playing pattern mode for 10 minutes, saving ten sessions, saving ten tones...
    4-3 - Sure looks like sending a file by email to me (with a globe in the background) but that doesn't work
    4-4 - Another one that looks like it deals with a session file
    5-5 - And yet another one that looks like it deals with a session file, to 2 different folders???

• Unfortunately I wasn't really tracking what was going on at the time - I was making a banging mad choon! I think it was 1-2

• I got 5-5 after creating a new session, working with it for about 20 mins, creating patterns for all devices and arranging the start of a song, then saving it. Not sure what part of that is important.

• Still no idea what to do with 1-4, 3-1 or 3-2 and 4-3, 4-4, and I've sure tried a whole mess of activities!

• 2 minute pattern with two synths active doesn't work for me.

• Here's where I'm at based on comments here and randomly hitting prior.

• I got the 2, but I have no idea how, it happened whilst I was working on a song, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't listened to the pattern for 2 minutes.

That leaves me 1-4, 3-2 (10) and 4,3, & 4,4 and I've tried everything I can think of.

Does anyone want to exchange emails so we can throw & remix some songs around and see if that unlocks anything?

• @JiggyWig said:
    I got the 2, but I have no idea how, it happened whilst I was working on a song, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't listened to the pattern for 2 minutes.

That leaves me 1-4, 3-2 (10) and 4,3, & 4,4 and I've tried everything I can think of.

Does anyone want to exchange emails so we can throw & remix some songs around and see if that unlocks anything?

I tried it with another member here to no prevail. It was fun though!

• I tried it with another member here to no prevail. It was fun though!

Damn fun! we should start some kind of iOS version of one synth challenge that the KVR Forums do. One App Challenge perhaps.

• @JiggyWig said:
    I got the 2, but I have no idea how, it happened whilst I was working on a song, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't listened to the pattern for 2 minutes.

Same here - I need 1-4, 3-2, 4-3 and 4-4. This thread has been really useful :smile:

• 4-3 and 4-4 are about sharing files so try opening this file in iDS-10 save, tweak and repost here and let's see if we can tick off a couple more :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrhkys0dluvdatg/Save Me Share Me by Trueyorky.ids10session?dl=0

• No luck I'm afraid, but just in case try one of mine:

http://sketches.globbits.co.uk/songs/share-me-also.ids10session

• @JiggyWig no same here but you're going to hate me - I just unlocked the 10. I was playing for ages tweaking, switching patterns but that didn't do it. So I went back to a file I had saved I think for the sequence to unlock as earlier in this thread. Anyway, I just started messing with the cables into VCA in and ended with tri connected to it. I'd had enough so went to save and bing - 10 lit up!! So only two left :smile:

• Damn! You tweaker!

:smile:

Guess, I just need to keep twiddling....

• Here is my latest

• Any idea how you got 4-3?

• @GPinNYC 4-3 how did that happen?

• @Trueyorky said:
    @GPinNYC 4-3 how did that happen? Create a session and email it to someone and when they either load or save as after editing it comes on.