Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 9 can't back up apps anymore ?

2»

Comments

• Here you can see the usual path for ipa files and which I have downloaded in my secondary laptop.

• Well. Tried in several ways...iFunbox says is extracting but...it doesn't work.

Looking for 'Plan B'

• For me, on my laptop, renaming "blah.ipa" to "blah.zip" gets it extracted by most unarchiving apps.

• Just download the apps using iTunes on a desktop/Mac. The ipas can easily be reused later.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Just download the apps using iTunes on a desktop/Mac. The ipas can easily be reused later.

The problem is backup apps installed in your iPad wich have gone from the AppStore.

• @fjcblanco said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Just download the apps using iTunes on a desktop/Mac. The ipas can easily be reused later.

The problem is backup apps installed in your iPad wich have gone from the AppStore.

Yea. That's pretty much something that cannot be backed up in my testing. Luckily for me I have always made sure to download everything on my PC.

• Check out iMazing. It is amazing (haha).

They are the only ones that can back up individual apps, and restore them, without having to restore the entire iPad. The iMazing backup contains all of the files in that app's hidden "Library" folder as well... User configurations, etc.

I discovered this when I got a new iPad, and did a backup/restore of my old iPad onto it, and realized that none of my extensive Loopy midi mappings made it over. iMazing was able to back up everything about Loopy from my old iPad and restore it to my new one. It's paid software, but very inexpensive, and continually worth it.

• edited October 2016

So Imazing 2 can now really extract all full apps (IPA ) and in app purchases again to a Harddisk as it did till they removed it in ios9.x some months ago ? Really ?
    Thing is i bought it full price to get a secure full image of my devices a while ago and 2 weeks later Apple removed the App exctraction in ios9 . Result was a before Backup of 64 GB has then been 4 GB size cause all Apps were no longer saved to disk. And Imazing replied with "correct, no longer possible to do full backups now with imazing".

Now i got a popup about Imazing Version 2 and its everythings better advertising.
    https://imazing.com/features/backup-iphone-ipad

They again use words like "backup all" and "With every backup, iMazing creates a new snapshot of your Apple device. "

Is it worth to upgrade again? I will only buy it again if it extracts ALL Data 1:1 from my IPADS to my Harddisk including all Apps and In app Purchases. And i mean 1 click as before and not single app extraction. Perhaps someone can confirm or reply about Imazing's at the moment Version 2 possibilies with IOS 10 ?

• edited October 2016

iTunes no longer backup apps. you need to redownload the apps after restore. Some tools like iTools is able to backup app IPA.

• Last time I looked at imazing,(iOS 9 ish) I was under the impression that it couldn't back up apps like it used to be able to do. It just backed up the app's data, apps themselves would need to be downloaded again. Which for me, kind of defeated the object of it's usefulness, I'd used it in the past to completely clone everything onto a new device.

I could be wrong on this one, but that;s my recollection of where it was at, so I don't feel the need to upgrade (unless it can now do what it used to be able to do), it was Apple's decision that 'broke it'.

• edited December 2016

@Quiruio said:
    iTunes no longer back up apps. you need to redownload the apps after restore. Some tools like iTools is able to backup app IPA.

I used Mobiledic iphone backup extractor to restore my iphone app and other data to computer for backup, it works fine.

I try iTools.

• edited December 2016

This is what I totally detest about Apple is their habit of restricting iOS and the apps. The fact of not being able to downgrade an OS or not being able to save bought apps onto a hard drive because of Apple's new rules is absolutely appalling. It is just a pity those wonderful apps that are on iOS weren't available for Android.

• edited December 2016

If Apple's paranoid sand boxing helps security in any way I am more than happy for them to keep doing it.

I think the most effective way to have a stable way to backup important stuff is to pressurise developers to make the important files available in the iTunes folder. Presets, bindings, settings, samples should all be there and ready to be moved across with a simple copy and paste procedure.

Failing that there should be a Dropbox or whatever dump of all the settings. AFAICT Apple will always make it hell for tinkerers to erm...tinker.

I say, let's not cry over the spilled milk or buy software which will stop working with Apple's next update and write to developers to allow iTunes access to user settings/content.

I'm sure a pole can be set up on this forum with overwhelming preference for complete user data iTunes share. This can be sent to the developers and they just might listen.

• As with most things Apple, we don't have any choice in these matters anyway, they decide what they fancy doing - which can be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint.

• What I did recently was to download my complete app purchase set via itunes into a new iTunes library. That way I have all the ipas available on disk

• @MusicInclusive said:
    What I did recently was to download my complete app purchase set via itunes into a new iTunes library. That way I have all the ipas available on disk

That's what I always advise to do.

1. Download and keep all your purchases in an iTunes library
    2. Add that library to Time Machine (or any other similar file versioning system, I use CrashPlan online backup service) so that if you download a new version of an app, you have a backup of the previous versions
  • edited December 2016

@stephania

So, does it do what iMazing could do pre-iOS 9 ?

Thanks for the suggestions:

@MusicInclusive and @yug

Not quite as seamless (and quick) as to how things were before though, regarding cloning onto a new device (?)

• @MusicInclusive said:
    What I did recently was to download my complete app purchase set via itunes into a new iTunes library. That way I have all the ipas available on disk

Did you have to start them downloading one at a time, or is there a way to get iTunes to just download them all?

• @srcer said:

@MusicInclusive said:

Did you have to start them downloading one at a time, or is there a way to get iTunes to just download them all?

Go to App Store -> Purchased -> Not in my library, and there should be a 'Download all' button at the bottom

• edited August 2017

@Mosriion said:

@Quiruio said:
    iTunes no longer back up apps. you need to redownload the apps after restore. Some tools like iTools is able to backup app IPA.

I used Mobiledic iphone backup extractor to restore my iphone app and other data to computer for backup, it works fine. https://www.tunesbro.com/iphone-ipad-ipod-backup-extractor.html

I try iTools.

Not sure about your answer , the tool is unnecessary , the phone itself with this operating functions for iPhone backup extract