Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• See new MidiSteps update. Nice idea to have an AU host in MidiSteps.

• iPad Air 2 is midiSTEPing 4 instances of iSEM without breaking a sweat, how sweet :D

• Yeah, the Dev says its experimental, but seems to work well. Glad it's been included.

• Great to see more AU hosting :) bought midi steps recently but haven't had the chance to play much yet but it's got a lot of potential...Link support please? :)

• Make me upgrade to iOS 9 why don't you.

• I wanna hear 4 tracks of isem only songs from you Niners.

• edited December 2015

Love it, most fun I've had with AU so far...
    Even more reason now that this should get LINK

• edited December 2015

midiSTEPs does not response to external midi clock from Auria or MTS. I tried several times already. Any help?

iOS9.2 Air 2

• Working OK for me from MTS I'm on 9.1 though

• Did you select MTS clock in midi steps midi in settings?

• edited December 2015

I couldn't see any detection with iOS 9.2 air 2 at all. I am pretty sure it needs to be fixed.

This update so nice, auto-hold feature on iPad setting page plus iSem per step midi controls.

• edited December 2015

Excuse the foolish question, but where in the GUI do I load an iSEM AU?

EDIT: Just found it....

• Oh no, I might need to get this now.

• edited December 2015

@firejan82 said:
    Oh no, I might need to get this now.

Not too late! Don't need MTS to play iSem AU, that is awesome.

• It's a lot of fun, here's a pic...

• Stylish! Hehe.

• Now, it is becoming a leverage game play between developer's negotiation!

• I'm running 4 on my vintage iPad4 :)

Does it do chords? That might break it.

• Audiobus too...

• edited December 2015

@firejan82 said:
    I'm running 4 on my vintage iPad4 :)

Yes, chords, more fingers on keyboard that single step becomes a chord!

• @Kaikoo said:

@firejan82 said:
    I'm running 4 on my vintage iPad4 :)

Yes, chords, more fingers on keyboard that single step becomes a chord!

Nice! Thanks.

This is pretty awesome. I'm liking AU's now.

• edited December 2015

It is advantage to listen multi tracks patterns repeat over and over again, so one can has clear adjustment. However, it might get you exhausted and dizzy to repeat too much for a multi layer pattern phrase. Both sides of a sword.

• edited December 2015

I first thought that single step midi cc modulation is crazy without drawing a line for it.

but I found it so easy to adjust, in fact. midiSTEPs's modulation selection window is well designed to select a parameter of iSem.

• Is there any way to switch to monophonic in the AU version of iSEM? Only way I see is to start with a mono patch or template. No biggie, just curious.

• edited December 2015

@firejan82 said:
    Is there any way to switch to monophonic in the AU version of iSEM? Only way I see is to start with a mono patch or template. No biggie, just curious.

no switch, it depends on the template preset!

• I see, thanks.

• found a video showing off the update

• Purchased.

Loving so far with iSem AUs

I wish for this app to get Link!!!

• edited December 2015

I do want to figure out a way to get in and modulate synth parameters in a few different ISem AUs at the same time though. As you patterns live.

Is this possible in any way?

• I've not found any way to send 'outside midi' to the different AU instances other than using the built in cc per step.

Who knows, maybe some day we'll have integrated 'midiLFOs', one per track or so, it's the same developer after all :)